O'Brien To Leave the 'Classroom'
- O'Brien Goes to the Head of CIC. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/14/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p4
Reports the appointment of Peggy O'Brien as executive director of Cable in the Classroom in the United States. Effectivity of the appointment; Connection of O'Brien at Kiko.com; Responsibilities of the executive.
- Will Eyre's departure herald a downturn for ITV? Reed, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);11/12/99, Issue 45, p18
Features industry leaders' views about Richard Eyre's departure as chief executive of ITV cable television network. Contributions made to the success of the network; Eyre's role in persuading ITV companies to increase program budgets; Challenges facing the network in its search for Eyre's...
- TBS sr. veep Head ankles originals arm. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;02/16/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 55, p9
Reports that Jim Head, senior vice president of original programming for TBS Superstation, has resigned from the company to pursue other opportunities. Plans by TBS to eliminate Head's position after his exit; Career background of Head; Employment background of Head with TBS.
- Cartoon Network chief leaves to go back to Australia. // Marketing (00253650);9/13/2001, p6
Reports on the resignation of James Greville as head of Cartoon Network UK.
- Berry Nice Knowing Ya. // CableFAX Daily;11/18/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 225, p1
The article reports on the decision of Steve Berry to resign as senior vice president of government relations at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in the U.S. by the end of 2005.
- GE chief Welch to retire in 2001. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;11/08/99, Vol. 376 Issue 12, p32
Reveals the plans of Jack Welch to resign as chairman and chief executive officer of cable television network CNBC in April 2001. Professional background of Welch; Speculations as to who will replace Welch.
- Reichblum ankles CNBC post. Bernstein // Daily Variety;01/10/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 25, p9
Cites the resignation of Bob Reichblum as head of current primetime programming at CNBC. Reichblum's acceptance of an offer to become chief executive officer of a convergent broadband service; Reichblum's career highlights.
- Juarez signs off as CEO of HBO Ole with goal met. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;10/25/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 38, p6
Reports that television executive Ele Juarez has resigned his post as chief executive officer of cabler HBO Ole, part of the HBO Latin America Group.
- Creator Sorkin, Schlamme end 'West Wing' term. Bennett, Ray; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/6/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 26, p55
'The West Wing' creator Aaron Sorkin and executive producer Thomas Schlamme are exiting the series, with executive producer John Wells assuming 'a more active role' next season, according to series producer Warner Bros. TV. 'West Wing' has struggled in its 9 p.m. Wednesday berth this season of...