Charter Settles Suit Over Wiring, Converter Fees
- Charter Hit With Wire Fee Suit. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the class action lawsuit filed against Charter Communications Inc.'s wire-maintenance and set-top policies. Appreciation of the lawsuit by South Carolina-based judge; Criticism of Charter's wire-maintenance plan by attorney of plaintiffs Michael Spears.
- Illinois Judge OKs Late-Fee Settlement. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;01/01/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p8
Reports that Madison County, Illinois Circuit Court Judge Phillip Kardis has approved the settlement of a class-action lawsuit on late fees that will result in service rebates to Charter Communications Inc. customers. Charter's statement on its decision to settle the case; Case background;...
- Calif. Late-Fee Challenges Linger. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p8
The article reports that attorneys for consumers are completing a round of class-action lawsuits against cable companies in California for late-fee billing practices. The tentative settlement amount for Charter Communications Inc. is given. The statement issued Charter counsel Larry Christopher...
- Charter hurt by sub dive. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;8/10/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 26, p5
Reports on the business losses posted by Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Decline experienced by its core digital video business; Other difficulties faced by the cable operator; Settlement of class action lawsuits related to a federal probe of its accounting.
- AML Reports $2.25M Settlement In Two Lawsuits. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p32
Reports on the decision of AML Communications Inc. officials to settle its securities class-action lawsuits. Avoidance of competitive and management distraction caused by the lawsuits cited by executives as the main reason for settling the cases.
- Verizon Wireless class-action could be costly settlement. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;11/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the preliminary approval granted by Judge William C. Pate of the San Diego Superior Court in California, which concerns the settlement of a class-action lawsuit filed by mobile-phone operator Verizon Wireless in April 2000. Scope of the settlement; Background on the lawsuit; Benefits...
- ClearOne still faces hurdles. Politis, David // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/8/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p11
Comments on the effort of ClearOne Communications to resolve its legal problems. Proposed settlements of the class action suit filed by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Allegations against ClearOne; Terms of the settlement; Financial performance of ClearOne.
- Another patients' Rx pricing lawsuit settled. // Drug Topics;3/1/99, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p9
Reports that California health clinics and hospitals are getting $148 million worth of prescription medicine for poor and indigent patients as part of the settlement of a consumer class action lawsuit with 17 brand-name firms in the state. Firms' pledge to pay up to $29 million for attorneys'...
- Class-action settlements a key tool. // Business Insurance;8/12/96, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p8
Opinion. Comments on the differences between the 5th US Circuit Court of Appeals and 3rd US Circuit Court of Appeals' decision on whether to approve certain class-action settlements. Benefits of class-action settlements for companies; 5th Circuit's approval for a global personal injury...