ESPN Is Looking Ahead to Changes
- NFL Veterans Seek Bigger Stages. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 31, p20
The article reports on the decreased visibility of former National Football League (NFL) players working in local television stations in the U.S. as of August 18, 2014. Topics mentioned include the challenges of local sports reporting, the career transition of former NFL player Vai Sikahema from...
- WNYC sports potential as newest superstation. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;8/4/95, Vol. 338 Issue 19, p31
Reports on the potential hurdles to be faced by cable television operators interested in adding WNYC-TV as a superstation, given its potential programming of New York professional sports teams. WGN's subscriber base; TBS' broadcast reach; New York stations WPIX and WWOR's failure to achieve...
- Latin Sports Network Goal: U.S. Subs. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p22
Reports that Pan-American Sports Network plans to launch a cable television channel in the United States in May 2001. Network's emphasis on soccer; Spanish-language programs focusing on exclusive and live events; Provision of live telecasts of soccer championships, such as the Copa Libertadores...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/6/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 49, p15
Presents updates on the cable television networks market in North Carolina as of December 6, 2004. Television revenue rank; Top commercial television stations; Number of alternative delivery systems subscribers.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;2/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the programming of some cable networks in the U.S. as of February 2006.
- VH1 Classic Adds Box Sets. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;1/24/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the efforts by the VH1 Classic cable network to boost its audience with longer form programming. Launching of the network's vintage music series, including "Yo MTV Raps" and "Pop Up Video," in the third quarter of 2005; Plan by the network to air programming blocks or box sets around...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p3
Reports on the programming of some cable television stations in the U.S. in April 2006.
- MTV Doings. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;3/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 60, p3
Reports on the programming of cable networks MTV, MTV2, and MTVU in the U.S. in April 2006.
- Basic Cable Sales Gain $900M in First Half. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p25
Reports on the advertising sales of cable television stations in the U.S. for the first half of 2003, according to a Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau analysis of TNS Media Intelligence/CMR Data. Percentage increase in advertising-supported cable; First-half advertising sales of broadcast...