Blame the Players, Not the Highlights
- THE INSIDER. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;8/6/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p8
Reports on developments concerning broadcast and cable television in the United States as of August 6, 2001. Inclusion of pressure on Barbara Walters to take on a steady co-anchor on '20/20'; Robert Qudeen's resignation as general manager of WWOR-TV; Construction of Cable News Network's (CNN)...
- New Lease on Life. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;10/25/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 43, p14
Discusses the shift of struggling broadcast television shows in the U.S. towards cable programming. Example of a broadcast-to-cable migration of programming; Significance of cable television on broadcasters; Factors that contributed to the trend.
- B&C WEEK. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/21/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 8, p3
Presents news briefs on issues and events related to cable and television broadcasting in the U.S. during the week of February 21, 2005. Three primetime television programs launched by Cable News Network; Fundraising project launched by television personality Dennis Miller; Breakfast hosted by...
- A New Crop of Breakout Stars. Hibberd, James // Television Week;9/29/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p25
Focuses on several cable TV personalities in the U.S. recognized at the Emmy Awards in September 2003. Award given to the Fab Five of the program "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"; Factors attributed for the success of cable personalities; Profile of several celebrities in cable TV.
- NAMIC Crafts a Diverse Confab. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/20/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 38, p38
The article presents information on a conference related to television broadcasting, which is to be held at New York on September 20, 2004. It is informed that "The National Association of Multi-Ethnicity in Communications" (NAMIC) conference on diversity will be attended by top Cable...
- A Blessing Or A Curse? Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;10/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p46
Focuses on issues regarding televangelism and fund raising by religious television networks in the U.S. Comments of John Roos, senior vice president at religious cable programmer INSP: The Inspiration Network, on televangelists; Contribution of televangelism to religious cable programming;...
- Cable's Spring Fling. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;5/9/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p36
Presents views on several events related to cable television in New York City in May 2005. First annual creative summit of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Cable; Women in Cable & Telecommunications annual forum; Fund-raising program of Cable Positive.
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.