This Just In
- Time Warner studying infomercials on cable. Donaton, Scott // Advertising Age;6/7/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 24, p3
This article reports on the venture of media company Time Warner into the infomercial business in the U.S. as of June 1993. The purpose of the move is to partly generate revenues from hours of dead time on its cable TV systems. The company views long-form commercials as a significant advertising...
- TW, Disney end dispute. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;05/19/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 55, p1
Reports that Time Warner (TW) and Walt Disney have reached an agreement in principle to end the dispute that begun earlier in May 2000, causing TW to drop a number of ABC-owned TV stations from its cable systems in the United States. Announcement TW Chairman by Gerald Levin at a stockholder...
- Hooking Up to Retail. Gordon, Catherine // MediaWeek;1/24/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p15
Deals with the need for U.S. cable operators to sell their products at consumer electronics stores. Advantages of selling products at consumer electronics stores; Information on the competition in the U.S. cable industry; Information on the retail promotional campaign launched by Time Warner in...
- Outfoxing AMC. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/15/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 50, p12
Reports on the plan of U.S. firm Time Warner to offer broader and more prominent distribution to Fox Movie Channel. Total number of subscribers to be added; Background on the legal dispute between AMC and Time Warner.
- Cable gains 1 million homes. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the rise in the number of cable television subscribers in the United States in 2000. Improved prime-time ratings and viewership of top cable television networks in the country in 2000, according to data gathered by Turner Entertainment Research; Factors possibly attributing to the...
- Military Channel Wins Initial Ratings Battle. Harper, Jennifer // Insight on the News;01/11/99, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p37
Provides information on the Military Channel cable network launched by Vietnam veterans in the United States. Stars seen in the network; Potential viewers of the network; Kind of shows broadcast on the network.
- Making Time for Local Avails Pays Off. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;06/05/2000 Supplement, Vol. 21, p20A
Reports on United States cable networks' increasing accommodation of affiliates' requests for local avails. Bravo; Animal Planet; CNBC; Comedy Central; ESPN Classic; Fox News Channel; TNT.
- Emerging Networks Face Fight for Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p80
Reports on the results of a survey of cable operators in the United States, published in the June 2000 Myers Reports `Mediaeconomics' newsletter. Top-ranking emerging networks based on brand familiarity and carriage plans; Operators' views on the important attributes for adding a basic network;...
- Hooked Up. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/05/98, Vol. 128 Issue 41, p58
Presents news items on the cable television broadcasting industry in the United States. Extended contract of USA Networks' `Sunday Night Heat' weekly series; Statistics on the advertising revenues for leading basic cable networks during the first half of 1998; Satellite TV distributor Prime...