NBC Reached Olympic Heights
- ESPN has a ball in record ratings week. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/12/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the performance of ESPN television station in the U.S. Total primetime viewers who watched professional football, Major League Baseball and college football games broadcast in the network; Ratings received by the programs; Success of ESPN over Nickelodeon cable network.
- May in TNT's basket, but hoops on decline. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/2/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 44, p16
Reports that TNT television station has parlayed a batch of National Basketball Association playoff games into a top spot in prime time among all advertising-supported cable networks in total viewers and in the key young adult categories. Failure of the playoffs to help the ratings of ESPN;...
- Olympics bring ratings gold to NBC. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;8/18/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the ratings achieved by NBC television station for broadcasting the Summer Olympics from Athens, Greece. Average viewers of the network for the week ended August 15; Improvement in the ratings as the Games progress; Success of "The Amazing Race 5" for CBS station.
- Sports channel targets women. Ingrassia, Joanne // Ad Age Global;Apr2001, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p12
Deals with the plan of The Sports Network (STN), a television network to launch WTSN sports channel aimed at women viewers in Canada. Audience share of STN; Features of its sports coverage on women.
- WNYC sports potential as newest superstation. Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;8/4/95, Vol. 338 Issue 19, p31
Reports on the potential hurdles to be faced by cable television operators interested in adding WNYC-TV as a superstation, given its potential programming of New York professional sports teams. WGN's subscriber base; TBS' broadcast reach; New York stations WPIX and WWOR's failure to achieve...
- Latin Sports Network Goal: U.S. Subs. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p22
Reports that Pan-American Sports Network plans to launch a cable television channel in the United States in May 2001. Network's emphasis on soccer; Spanish-language programs focusing on exclusive and live events; Provision of live telecasts of soccer championships, such as the Copa Libertadores...
- Cable keeps creeping up on nets during sweeps. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;11/26/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 39, p3
Reports on the performance of television stations in the U.S. Decline in the shares of the broadcasters in the adult viewers; Competition faced with cable networks; Performance of CBS in other categories.
- Where the Boys Are. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p30
Focuses on the success of ESPN cable television network in reaching its targeted male audience. Factors which contributed to the increase in ratings and viewership of ESPN cable television network in 2004; Strategy of the network to attract male viewers; Amount of time spent by a U.S. viewer a...
- Olympics playing well on NBC outlets. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;8/23/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 35, p5
Reports on the improvement in the ratings of NBC for its coverage of the 2004 Olympics compared to its 2000 coverage of the game in the U.S. Average rating of the television station; Success of the station to achieve the rating guarantees; Number of television viewers of the coverage.