More Operators Call on VoIP
- More Cable Operators Increase Their Rates. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the pending rate increases of United States cable television operators, the Charter Communications Inc. and Adelphia Communications Corp. Markets where Adelphia will raise prices; Adelphia's direct-mail promotion of its discounted service bundles under the 'Adelphia Advantage' program.
- 2012 TOP 10 PLACES TO WORK IN CABLE. GREBB, MICHAEL // CableFAX Magazine;Sep2012, p44
The article focuses on top 10 organizations in cable and telecommunications industry to work in. As the author stated, the company Bright House Networks is committed to employee welfare with perks of educational assistance and scholarship programs. Comcast Corp. supports diversity initiatives...
- Launches. // CableFAX Daily;12/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 240, p1
The article presents an update on the cable television industry as of December 2005. Comcast has launched voice over Internet protocol across the United States. Charter has introduced Mexico 22 and Once Mexico television networks of Altera'TV in several of its systems. DirecTV has rolled out...
- Stalking the IP golden egg. Lafferty, Michael // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the competition to provide Internet Protocol (IP) telephony. Conversion into reality of the voice over Internet Protocol through cable television networks; Advantages of IP telephony aside from cost savings; Issues concerning standards, service and other problems.
- Operators Kick the Tires on Voice-Encryption Strategies. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/17/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Focuses on the display of a cable telephony voice-encryption service at Cable Television Laboratories Inc.'s conference by cable operators Nuera Communications Inc., Syndeo Corp. and InnoMedia Inc. Advantages of voice encryption service; Compliance of CableLabs standards by the...
- The mother of all networks. Tudor, Geoffrey; Young, Holland // CED;Aug2002, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p73
Reports on the efforts of cable television operators to expand their business beyond service transport technologies. Planned migration to a unified all-Internet Protocol (IP) network topology; Transition to a unified IP network.
- Comcast Rises to VolP Challenge. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p3
Reports the legitimacy of Internet-protocol telephony in the cable industry in the U.S. Requisite research for the technology; Reduction of capital expenditures; Security of capital investment of the industry.
- Adelphia Puts Own Brand on Cleveland Systems. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;11/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p71
Reports on United States-based cable television company Adelphia Communications Corp.'s rebranding of the cable television system it has acquired from Cablevision Systems Corp. in Cleveland, Ohio. Details of the rebranding program.
- Debt-Heavy Adelphia Wants to Sell Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p31
Reports on the plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to sell its cable television subscription base in the United States to meet financial obligations. Amount of debt owed by the company; Estimates of the market value of individual Adelphia customers.