A 'Codec' Moment
- Evaluating New Digital Video Recording Technologies. Freschi, Cynthia // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2006, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p54
The article advises security managers on evaluating and selecting digital video recording technology for security systems. Factors to be considered are speed of recording, compression technology, resolution and storage capabilities. Compression affects bandwidth and resolution. Most of the...
- A NEW ACCORDION BASED VIDEO COMPRESSION METHOD. SUNKARA, JAYA KRISHNA; PURNIMA, KURUMA; SUBBAREDDY, L. RAMA; SAGARI, E. NAVANEETHA // Journal on Electrical Engineering;Jun-Aug2011, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p14
Usually, a video signal has high temporal redundancies due to the high correlation between successive frames. This redundancy has not been exploited enough by current video compression techniques. In this paper, the authors present a new video compression technique which tends to hard exploit...
- Actively Cools in High-Heat, Dirty Environments. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2012, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p63
The article offers brief information on the Q60-C PTZ Dome Network Camera with high-quality video surveillance.
- Life of compression. // TVB Europe;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1
Reports on developments in the compression codec of choice for broadcasting as of March 2004. Efforts to improve coding efficiency; Reason why improved compression schemes can be deployed where compatibility is not required; Interest in video compression algorithms based on Fractals and...
- The big squeeze. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the compression issue in the video production and post-production. Suitability of MPEG-4 part 10 as an alternative to MPEG-2 compression scheme; Similarity of MPEG-4 with Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Media 9; Problems of high definition compression; Types of compression formats.
- Compressing the compressors. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Mar2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p19
Looks at compression systems. MPEG-4 Part 10 or Advance Codec/H264 (H264); Microsoft Corp.'s Windows Media9/Video Codec 9 (VC9); Probability that telecommunications and cable markets are the first large-scale adopters of VC9 and H264;Various application of H264 and VC9.
- Energy-Efficient Acceleration of MPEG-4 Compression Tools. Kinane, Andrew; Larkin, Daniel; O'Connor, Noel // EURASIP Journal on Embedded Systems;2007 Special Issue 4, p1
We propose novel hardware accelerator architectures for the most computationally demanding algorithms of the MPEG-4 video compression standard-motion estimation, binary motion estimation (for shape coding), and the forward/inverse discrete cosine transforms (incorporating shape adaptive modes)....
- Video Marches Around the Perimeter. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov2008, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p90
The article focuses on security video as a perimeter protection solution. A solution for using security video on the perimeter include integrated electro-optical surveillance and long-range thermal imaging video cameras. The IT network technology and hardwired and wireless IP networked video...
- Video Technology Growth Expected to Continue. D'Aversa-Williams, Tina // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec99, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p5
Forecasts a growth in the use of video surveillance technology in security systems in the United States. Most purchased category; Role of digital and communications technology in the advancement of video surveillance; Innovations in networked video technology.