PAPER Isn't the Only Thing to SHRED
Spiga, Jarrod // APC (Bauer Media Group);Dec2005, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p128
The article discusses file system management and examines interactive shell scripting. The first step in creating a new file system is to identify the device name for new hard disk. After identifying the device, it needs to be partitioned using single-keystroke commands. After partitioning the...
- Speed up disks. Lui, Gough // APC (Bauer Media Group);Feb2009, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p78
The article presents information on how to speed up hard disks to improve overall system performance. First thing to speed up hard disk is by defragmentation of files. There are other paid alternatives that are even more sophisticated, such as Diskeeper, Raxco PerfectDisk, Norton Speedisk and...
- Reclaim Hard-Drive Space. Kissell, Joe // Macworld;Mar2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p80
The article suggests that the easiest way to get more storage space for personal files in the computer is to remove the unwanted computer programs. The application programs consume large space the hard disk. A computer user can reclaim the memory space by deleting those application programs....
- Untitled. // Computer Weekly;9/25/2007, p55
The article informs that nearly four out of 10 second-hand disc drives contain information that could embarrass former owners and leave them open to civil and criminal prosecution. The information is based on a research by British Telecom PLC. It is stated that analysis revealed just more than...
- RAIDing the Mac Pro. Breen, Christopher // Macworld;Jun2007, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p80
The article offers information on the Redundant Array of Independent or Inexpensive Disks (RAID), which is a computer hard drive used for storing data in a computer system. It is a combination of two or more hard drives configured to share or duplicate data. It is stated that RAID has two...
- ITTY-BITTY BITS. Katz, S. D. // Millimeter;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p76
Presents various miniature computer storage devices in the U.S. as of September 2004. Consideration of storage as the lifeblood of all other parts of a digital system; Features of EZ Quest's EZ-Disk USB 2.0 flash drives; Use of BlueArc Corporation's Titan SiliconServer NAS.
- OUTSIDE THE BOX. S.S. // PC World;May2002, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on portable computer devices such as rewritable compact disc drives and hard drives. Way that portable devices attach to a computer; Other options for portable storage.
- SMART STORAGE. Perenson, Melissa J. // PCWorld;Jan2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p105
Presents an evaluation of several computer storage disk drives and devices. Advice on how to choose a storage device; Description of hard drives, optical storage devices and miniature storage devices; Features; Costs; Ratings. INSET: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?.
- Deciding When It's Time to Buy a New PC. Goldsborough, Reid // Tech Directions;Apr2004, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p10
No abstract available.