A Real-Life RoboCop?
- Indian robot controlled by smartphone. // Electronics For You;Jan2013, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p16
The article reports on an India Personal smart robot "Andy", which is controlled by the phone associated with it through the audio cable, designed to educate young students on robotics and electronics.
- ROBOTIC CHAIR LIFTS. // Appliance Design;Feb2007, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the development of a robotic system for wheelchair-dependent people at the National Institute of Standards and Technology. Called the Home Lift, Position and Rehabilitation (HLPR) Chair, the technology allows people in wheelchair to be mobile. It also allows them to keep...
- False Alarms--False Hope? // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the security alarm industry's struggle in the U.S. to reduce false security alarms. Need for proper allocation of resources by the security alarm industry; Impact of false security alarms on the security alarm industry.
- Product Solutions Outdoor Protection. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
Features products for outdoor protection chosen by 'Security Magazine' editors. Philips' AutoDome camera; Silent Witness' V294A Angledome wedge style camera; Senstar-Stellar Corp.'s Perimitrax, an outdoor buried cable intrusion detection sensor; Delta Scientific's IP500 portable barriers.
- Extending the Perimeter. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2002, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p11
Reports that security buyers have extended the perimeter monitored by electronic security systems. Increase use of sensors and detectors; Shift from contracted central station to monitoring to proprietary monitoring; Technology advances since September 11th.
- FPGA-based Real-time Optical Flow Algorithm Design and Implementation. Zhaoyi Wei; Dah-Jye Lee; Nelson, Brent E. // Journal of Multimedia;Sep2007, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p38
Optical flow algorithms are difficult to apply to robotic vision applications in practice because of their extremely high computational and frame rate requirements. In most cases, traditional general purpose processors and sequentially executed software cannot compute optical flow in real time....
- IRAQ'S ROBOT INVASION. P. H. L. // Fortune International (Europe);1/24/2005, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p75
Reports the Pentagon has focused on robotics research in an effort to protect American soldiers. Indication the United States will use SWORDS robots from Foster-Miller in Waltham, Massachusetts; Features of the radio-controlled machines that will be used in Iraq and Afghanistan; Information on...
- ASPECTS CONCERNING VIRTUAL MODELS FOR A DOUBLE HEXAPODAL PLATFORM. MARGARITESCU, Mihai; MOLDOVANU, Alexandru; ROAT, Constantin; BRISAN, Cornel // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2009, p423
Different modeling and control aspects are presented in this article. The robotic structure consisting of two staged hexapodal platforms combines in a certain measure the advantages of the robots with parallel kinematics and of the serial robots: high accuracy, high stiffness, fast response and...
- HOME, SECURE HOME. Flynn, Emily // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);7/25/2005-8/1/2005 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 146 Issue 4/5, p68
Discusses security devices that are available to homeowners. How wealthy people tend to spend more on security systems for their homes; Description of high-tech security systems; Use of robots as guards.