Rack Up One for the Mounties
- Police Can Now Monitor Digital Cameras Inside CU. Ortiz, Lauralee // Credit Union Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the installation of digital cameras linked to the communication center in the Green Bay Police Department in Wisconsin. Advantages of the V-Tech Security system; Prevention of crimes; Capability of the system to link with police car laptops.
- ACCESS CONTROLS and LOCKS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2004 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p43
Presents a list of access controls and locks. Electronic access controls; Card access control systems; Card and card reader equipment.
- Safety Sensors Rise to New Heights. Hoske, Mark T. // Control Engineering;May2008, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p34
The article reports on the continuing maturity of safety sensor technology driven by the enhancement of devices with powerful self-diagnostics capabilities. The components of an integrated safety system include sensors, logic, and actuation with input/output (I/O) connections, networks and...
- A Locking Pathway. Nortonen, George // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2005, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p46
Introduces various computer-managed locking systems from the electronic industries. Features; Industrial applications; Specifications.
- On-line vs. off-line: Understanding hotel access-control systems. Radell, Michael B. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/6/95, Vol. 210 Issue 19, p98
Focuses on the differences between on-line and off-line access control systems and on their use in hotel operations. Examples given to illustrate more clearly the difference between the two kinds of systems; Features of on-line access systems; Conclusion that on-line systems can help reduce...
- 10-4, Good Buddy. // Progressive;Jun86, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p13
Focuses on the demotion and suspension of a South Bend, Indiana policeman for producing the sound of passing gas on the police radio.
- Operation: detection. Saccomano, Ann // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/25/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 34, p23
Describes the VistaScape surveillance and intrusion-detection system developed by VistaScape Security Systems. Features; Functions; Cost.
- WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT. Maddry, Terry // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p61
Shares insights on customer's preferences for access control systems. Attribution of changing access needs of the organization and problems with a current system as the two most important reasons why a buyer purchases a different electronic access control system; Factors affecting the...
- VoIP provides insurance for police dispatch. // Mobile Radio Technology;Aug2001, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p58
Reports the installation of internet protocol radio system in the police department of Honolulu, Hawaii. Provision of the product by Catalyst Communications Technologies and Com-Net Ericsson Critical Radio Systems; Features of the product; Application as backup to regular police dispatch consoles.