GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK
- Finishing School. Cooper, Dan // Old-House Interiors;Apr2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p54
The article provides information on how to choose the proper wood finish to ensure authenticity and durability. The author emphasized that wood finishes should be separated from two basic functions such as woodwork or furniture and wooden floors. In this context, the author also provides a chart...
- Sowing doubt in the minds of end-users. Phillips, David // Housewares;Mar2006, Issue 196, p29
The article focuses on the parasitic tendencies of some housewares suppliers in Great Britain. Certain manufacturers and distributors sow doubt in the minds of their end-users. They have to give the impression that teams of scientists managed to eradicate a misery that has haunted housewives. An...
- Lower prices boost retail sales of household goods. // Housewares;May2004, Issue 182, p44
Reports that the value of retail sales of household goods rose due to lower prices in March 2004 over the same month in 2003 in Great Britain.
- The neo-traditionalists. // Furniture/Today;10/17/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p100
Introduces the simpler styles of formal furniture from the late 17th- and 19th-centuries with innovative veneer treatments and often sleek finishes. Features of the Rotsen Design IHFC D-1031; Physical description of the Magnussen Home IHFC M-1010; Retail price.
- Blade sales: on a knife edge? Creaby, Anthony // Housewares;Nov/Dec2015, p20
The article presents a report by research firm GfK in the homewares market in Great Britain, showing that the market posted a 2.6% growth in October 2014-September 2015. It claims, however, that sales in the cutting and accessories category declined by 17.1% in value terms and 24.3% in volume....
- At last, a home of their own. Lawson, David // Estates Gazette;6/14/2003 Supplement, Issue 324, p24
Looks at the pioneering developments in furniture and furnishing by retailers MAB and Stilwerk. Background on the inception of the centers for interior furnishings; Locations preferred by the retailers; Home living schemes of each retailer. INSET: How the MAB and Stilwerk concepts work.
- Duraframe. // Contract;Apr2005, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p118
This article reports that Kwalu wall protection by Kwalu Inc. is the newest addition to the collection of virtually indestructible and scratch-resistant furniture, tables and casegoods. Combining unsurpassed excellence in design with a 10-year warranty on construction and finish, Kwalu wall...
- Call for Budget to relieve cost pressures. // Cabinet Maker;2/8/2008, Issue 5574, p30
The article reports on the issues pertaining a call for budget among the furniture industry in Great Britain. The industry urgently needs some relief to be given by the Government to the pressures on consumer incomes in the 1982 budget. The Furniture Information Council is one of a number of...
- Do we need furniture that makes us sweat? Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;1/30/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p145
The article comments on the need for home furnishings that allow people to exercise in the U.S. At present, the objective of the home furnishings industry was to provide rest. The emergence of labor-saving devices make people lazy and less-exercised. This may force the industry to create...