A cross-eyed view of selling techniques
- Overcome cold calling fears to increase sales opportunities. Gager, Bill // Sell!ng;Nov2004, p1
Discusses strategies on how to overcome cold calls or call reluctance in selling. Estimated percentage of salespeople who experience call reluctance; Factor which causes call reluctance; Discussion on several steps to overcome call reluctance. INSETS: Successful sales in the future;Ease into...
- Stop Selling and Start Helping Your Customers. Gitomer, Jeffrey // njbiz;1/22/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on the benefits of having a sales personnel who engages, entices, recommends and is friendly to customers. It argues that retail experience has nothing to do with minimum wage, cutting costs, low incentives or inferior products. It emphasizes the need for business executives...
- A noble profession. Lauer, Charles S. // Modern Healthcare;1/30/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p25
The article argues on the importance of salespeople to every business. It likens selling to any other profession in terms of the training and hard work required. It emphasizes the significance of listening in selling. It discusses the right attitude needed by salespeople in dealing with clients...
- Pride produces personal best. Gitomer, Jeffrey // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/22/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p18
The article offers tips for sales personnel on how to sell products at their best. Sales personnel need to define themselves. They must develop a sales mission statement. Sales personnel should have a deep belief in the three critical areas of selling. Sales people need to develop greater pride...
- Manager, test yourself before testing your people. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal (Central New York);7/15/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p19
Provides tips on how can sales managers build their sales force, grow the skills of their salespeople, and retain good salespeople. Employment of smart and happy people; Instruction to salespeople about the product or service; Elimination of traditional goals and quotas like sales numbers and...
- Confessions from the Floor: Salespeople reveal real-life challenges, solutions. Owens, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;11/14/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 45, p6
Focuses on the solutions to the challenges being faced by salespeople according to a survey on retail sales practices conducted by the periodical "Footwear News." Improvement of personalized customer service; Transformation into uniform sale signing and sale pricing; Development of a scheme to...
- Sales System? No! Sales Strategy? Yes! Gitomer, Jeffrey // njbiz;11/8/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p20
Provides tips on how to become an effective sales person. Opposition to the concept of selling systems; Explanation on the concept of sales structure; Development of a sales person's philosophy.
- CLOSER CALL. McCall, Kimberly L. // Entrepreneur;Oct2005, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p85
Focuses on the traits of a successful salesperson, shared by Wendy Weis, a New York City-based sales trainer and author of the book "Cold Calling College". Importance of the ability to keep going; Understanding of the needs of the prospect; Value of creativity and strategic thinking.
- What you ask determines what you sell. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/13/2004, Issue 323204, p6
Gives advice on how sales people can improve their sales. Need for sales people to ask questions that will make customers think; Ways of changing buyers' perception towards the positive.