The bells are ringing
- All MFI stores will offer Silentnight beds. // Cabinet Maker;04/02/99, Issue 5132, p2
Announces the plan of MFI to begin stocking Silentnight Group bed across Great Britain in April 1999, following a ten-week trial in Scotland.
- A question of quality. Bennewith, Jeremy // Cabinet Maker;06/02/2000, Issue 5190, p12
Focuses on the budget sector of the bed market in Great Britain. Definitions of budget bed; Forecast decline in the budget bed business as well as evolutionary changes as customers become more affluent; Features of budget beds offered by furniture manufacturers.
- Wild West still lives in specialty sleep arena. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;4/8/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p105
Introduces bedding products at the Specialty Sleep Expo in Chicago, Illinois. Image of comfort of conventional bedding; Line of advertisement on platform bed mattresses; Strategy of advertisement producers on comfortable products.
- Power beds still big at retail. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;09/11/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the stable demand for grand-scale beds in the United States. Availability of so-called power beds at middle and upper price points; Strength of the bedroom category in several key cities; Resurgence of wall beds; Merchandising opportunities offered by power beds for retailers. ...
- Broad range of beds wins buyers applause. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;10/28/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
Reports on trends in metal and wood beds, futons and daybeds in the U.S. as of October 2002. New designs and features; Target markets.
- Harveys rebranding bed departments. // Cabinet Maker;10/24/2003, Issue 5361, p4
Reports that Harveys rebranded its bed departments in 100 retail stores as either Bensons Beds or Sleepmasters and the cancellation of textiles from most of its branches.
- Bedding producers offer hot values. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;8/4/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p19
The article reports on the blockbuster bedding market at the Las Vegas furniture market in Nevada. Bedding retailers found sharply priced and value-added lines galoes as well as some spectacular showroom presentations designed to inspire and entertain. Some of the bedding products launched at...
- Three go for the Ultimate. // Cabinet Maker;05/26/2000, Issue 5189, p3
Reports that bed furniture company Silentnight Beds has announced the finalists for its 2000 Ultimate Partner Retailer of the Year Award.
- Grey matters. Atkinson, Kathryn // Cabinet Maker;07/21/2000, Issue 5197, p12
Focuses on the opportunities and benefits offered by ageing consumers to the business of bedroom furniture retailing in Great Britain. Predicted rise in the number of older consumers as war baby boomers progress into retirement; Reasons why an increasing number of older consumers bring good...