Hide and cheap
- Under the skin. Bradbury, Lynn // Cabinet Maker;5/21/2004, Issue 5389, p14
Analyzes the pricing architecture and choice of leather sofas in selected retailers in Great Britain. Popularity of leather sofas; Retailers included in the survey; Retailer offering the cheapest leather sofa; Average price of leather sofas; Popular colors.
- BrandSource setting 'core' lineup in Las Vegas. // Furniture/Today;7/7/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 43, p5
The article reports that retailers of the group BrandSource Furniture Advantage retailers will select their core product lineup for 2009 at the next month's Las Vegas Market, Nevada. For the retailers, the main purpose is to merchandise a group circular advertising program over 12 months. Six...
- Showing off a good tan. Pridham, Elspeth // Cabinet Maker;8/2/2002, Issue 5298, p13
Deals with the increase in sales of leather upholstery in Great Britain. Reasons for the decline in prices of leather upholstery; Volume of consumer demand for leather fabrics in chairs and couches; Trends concerning the design of leather furniture.
- SIZZLING SECTIONALS. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;6/16/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p24
Discusses the increasing popularity of leather sectional furniture. Higher price points for leather sectionals; Comparison with the sales of reclining chairs; Popular colors.
- leatherbestsellers. Gunln, Joan // Furniture/Today;01/29/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p8
Features a selection of the best-selling stationary leather sofa frames from various manufacturers. Cancun sofa by Mantellassi; Emerson by Nicoletti; Carson by American Leather; Plaza by Natuzzi. INSET: Variety spices up hot leather picks, by Joan Gunin.
- Hide-ware. Sanders, Deborah; Austin, Jill // Veranda;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p98
Several photographs of leather-bound sofas, chairs and books are presented.
- Show and sell at D&D. // Furniture/Today;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the importance of salesmanship to tap the full potential of leather upholstery. Phenomenal values of leather; Selection of leather vendors; Prices of leather sofa.
- Leather by another name is just a hide. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;09/04/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p26
Discusses the factors that consumers should consider when purchasing leather upholstery. Definition of leather according to the dictionary; Types of leather.
- Leather vendors add imports from China. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;4/15/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p98
Observes trends in leather upholstery in the U.S. Threat of imported Italian and Chinese goods; Establishment of offshore business ties; Problems with shipment.