- Leading the Pack. McCall, Kimberly L. // Entrepreneur;May2004, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p90
Presents the qualities that a sales manager must have in order to manage an entrepreneurial sales force. Clarity in articulating expectations to sales team; Consistency in terms of compensation model, sales meetings and performance reviews; Presence of urgency trait in managers.
- Sawgrass Taps Greco for Client Work. Forde, Arnella J. // Investment Management Weekly;6/23/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p4
Focuses on the hiring of Christopher Greco as the senior institutional sales executive of Sawgrass Asset Management in the U.S. Asset value of Sawgrass; Work responsibilities; Career of Greco with Sawgrass.
- From Boss to Inspire. Bernard, John M. // Sales & Service Excellence;Jan2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on how senior sales executives can inspire their subordinates. It is mentioned that senior executives must change from being the commander of the action to being an inspirational guide. Making the shift from commander to inspirational leader requires one to adopt...
- Getting there: Tom Owen. // Printing World;3/31/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 13, p23
Profiles printing company, Pakfin's sales manager, Tom Owen. Career history of Owen; First job in the industry; Worst and best moment of Owen's career; Professional inspiration; Challenges encountered in the industry.
- The Perfect Squelch. Welsh, Francis O. // Saturday Evening Post;9/21/1957, Vol. 230 Issue 12, p58
The article presents an anecdote about a salesman who disagrees with his sales manager's plan of giving each salesman with a wristwatch with their names on it and date to remind them of their quota.
- Training Sales Managers on Motivation. Connell III, H. Stanley // Training & Development Journal;Nov81, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p85
Focuses on the task of sales managers to motivate their salespeople. Basis of most motivation theory; Human energy stemming from internal tensions or needs.
- Sales ENGINEERS. Nelson, Andrew J. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Fall2001, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on sales engineers. Nature of their work; Employment outlook; Working conditions.
- If You Want Better Results--Be A Better Coach. Schneider, Elaine // American Salesman;Nov99, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p23
Discusses the basics for sales managers for effective coaching of a sales personnel that is not performing up to expectations. Why good coaching rarely happens; Feedback from sources to identify the problems of the salesperson; Process to identify the root problem; Development of a treatment plan.
- Numbers Game? Schwantz, Randy // Sales & Service Excellence;Oct2011, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on how sales managers manage their salespeople based strictly on the numbers.