- Twisting and turning. // Cabinet Maker;9/5/2003, Issue 5354, p14
Focuses on the market competition between the coil sprungs and pocket springs, essential materials in bed manufacturing. Reason why manufactures are moving gradually to pocket sprung; Comments of Greg Suthern, marketing director of Multiple Dreams, on which material is dominating the market;...
- Qualitas courts small stores. // Cabinet Maker;1/18/2002, Issue 5270, p3
Reports on Qualitas Inc.'s launching of a membership scheme for small furniture retailers in Great Britain.
- In Brief. // Home Furnishings;Aug/Sep96, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p4
Offers interior decorating industry-related news as of August 1996. Availability of Crowson fabrics in Japan; Membership in the Giftware Association; Personnel changes at Cramlington Textiles; Offerings from GP&J Baker; Personnel appointments; Merger of Qualitas and FIRA International; Other items.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p5
Presents updates relevant to the furniture business in Great Britain as of July 2, 2004. Increase of the average price of a house in England and Wales in June; Queen's Award for Enterprise given to fabric company, Panax; Showroom of furniture retailer, Halo
- China factories hardly immune to higher costs. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;9/26/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the impact of increasing raw materials costs on furniture makers in China. Remarks from Steven Lee, president of manufacturer Winny Overseas Ltd., on the rising cost of oil; Problem with gas supply in some parts of the country; Influence of rising costs on the relationship of some...
- Retail Intelligence. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p14
Presents statistics illustrating trends in furniture retailing in Great Britain for April and May 2004. Increase of sales in the cabinet sector; Growth of the bed retailing business; Expansion of demand in upholstered products.
- The art of temptation. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p17
Comments on the success of Great Britain-based furniture maker, Land of Leather in attracting more customers with quality offers. Origins of the promotion started by the company; Coordination of local and import operations.
- Diplomatic information. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p6
Reports on the Great Britain Trade and Investment diplomatic service's publication of guides about British furnitures and furnishings, for distribution via the embassies and consulates worldwide. Benefits to the furniture industry.
- Reassurance! // Cabinet Maker;7/3/2009, Issue 5644, p3
The article presents the author's view on the effect of recession to the furniture industry in Great Britain. He asserts that the economic downturn has been affecting the industry long before it has been officially recognized by the government. He notes that despite of this, there is still a...