Riverside weaving its way back into the black
- Banking on more profit. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;11/12/2004, Issue 5414, p22
Presents the textile fabrics firm Riverside Fabrics in Great Britain. Acquisition of the firm by the businessmen Nigel Roberts and Jeremy Shaw; Turnover of the company; Success of the firm.
- Picks and pans. Marks, Jennifer // Home Textiles Today;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p14
Comments on the business condition of the textile industry in the U.S. Failure to compare the assets of Pillowtex; Corporate turnaround of Glenoit; Concept of the auction-driven merchandising.
- Supplier Giants: Top 15. // Home Textiles Today;1/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p36
Reports on the ranking of the home textiles suppliers in the U.S. Increase sales revenue of Springs Industries; Reorganization of the business operation of Westpoint Stevens; Corporate turnaround of Pillowtex; Expansion of the home business of Mohawk Home.
- Small textile firms target global market. // Colourage;Aug2005, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p127
The article reports that in a bid to avoid being left behind in textile outsourcing boom, several mid-sized textile companies have ramped up capacities. Nandan Exim Ltd. of the Chiripal group, Shri Laxmi Cotsyn Ltd., Arvee Denims and Exports have raised capacities in the recent past. The demands...
- DuPont Plans For Future. // Nonwovens Industry;Jan2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the plans of the DuPont company in becoming a global competitor. How the company plans to make cost improvements and increase revenue growth; Sale of Invista, the company's textile division.
- Has business experienced a turnaround, and is that turnaround sustainable? Mooney, Chris; Sweet, Loren; Goldberg, Steve; Katz, Peter; Hollowell, David; Powell, Deborah; Record, David; Nachemin, Farley; Hollander, Jeff; Matouk Jr., George; Jacobs, Jeff; Faul, Corey; Smith Jr., Park B.; Christnacht, Bob; Shimizu, Scott; Harris, Dan; O'Connor, Tim; Vergucht, Eric // Home Textiles Today;4/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p147
Presents question and answer advisory on the economic conditions in the U.S. Assessment of consumer confidence; Occurrence of corporate turnarounds; Growth of the textile business.
- Lenzing Instruments: JV in China. // Chemical Fibers International;Jun2004, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p152
This article reports on the success of the instruments group of Lenzing Technik GmbH, which produces testing equipment for the fiber industry, in achieving a turnaround after a successful restructuring process in 2003, so that positive results are generated with sustainability. A joint venture,...
- New chief begins turnaround effort. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p27
Focuses on Pillowtex Corp. chief operating officer Tony Williams' efforts to keep the textiles firm out of bankruptcy. Negotiations with banks; Presentation of a short-term plan that involves the reduction of long-term debt; Exploitation of manufacturing capabilities of the company.
- TT Ltd.'s excellent turnaround. // Textile Magazine;Aug2013, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p36
The article reports the excellent turnaround of textile manufacturer TT Ltd. for the year 2012 and 2013 despite poor domestic and global textile market. Details of the company's sales increase for 2013 and loss in 2012 are presented. Particular focus is given to the company's expansion projects,...