Stopping the hiding to nothing
- NEW AT MARKET: LEATHER. // Furniture/Today;04/09/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p97
Presents retail price quotations for product introductions in the leather furniture market, compiled as of April 9, 2001. Products; Manufacturers; Price; Product code.
- Under the skin. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;11/26/2004, Issue 5416, p36
The article focuses on the surge in the leather upholstery sales in Great Britain. Great Britain has consistently produced more and more leather over the past five years. In terms of colour, there are discernable differences across the broad market spectrum. There is also evidence that retailers...
- Leather Industry in the Towns of Medieval Rus': Modern Studies. Kurbatov, A. V. // Stratum Plus Journal;2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 5, p319
After two recent decades, studies of leather objects from medieval Rus' suggest that there were both phases and continuity in the development of the leather dressing over the 8th/9th to 17th centuries. The evolution of this handicraft was influenced both by brief and long-term contacts with the...
- Call to audit leather imports. // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2007, Issue 5558, p3
The article reports on the growing number of complaints about leather furniture received by customer advice service Consumer Direct in Great Britain. It is noted that the agency received 8,887 complaints between January 1 and September 30 in 2007 compared to 10,058 for the whole of 2006. In...
- Under the skin. Bradbury, Lynn // Cabinet Maker;5/21/2004, Issue 5389, p14
Analyzes the pricing architecture and choice of leather sofas in selected retailers in Great Britain. Popularity of leather sofas; Retailers included in the survey; Retailer offering the cheapest leather sofa; Average price of leather sofas; Popular colors.
- Ottoman empire. Cardew, Ben // Cabinet Maker;7/15/2005, Issue 5447, p16
Focuses on the popularity of leather furniture in Great Britain. Emphasis on the functionality of the product; Image and quality of ottoman; Distinctive look of upholstered furniture. INSET: Leather upholstery care.
- Leather looking up for 2004. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;12/29/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p25
Reports on the positive outlook for the leather upholstery sector of the U.S. furniture industry for 2004. Potential sales gains; Manufacturers that are heeding the call for upgraded leathers; Desire by retailers to step up to better price points in leather; Growth being achieved by Lane Home...
- FROM THE PUBLISHER... // Leather Crafters & Saddlers Journal;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
The article presents the author's views on the changes in the "The Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal" since its first publication in 1990. It mentions the author's involvement in the world of leather. Also, it reveals the publisher's gratitude towards the advertisers, subscribers and writers...
- Leather coditions. Milton, Tina // Frontier;May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p54
The article reports that the demand for leather goods and luggage will rise in future. For the first time leather goods and shoes have accounted for a big share of the global luxury goods market and generated 27% of sales in 2012. Small leather goods perform well as they are bought both for self...