- MIDLANDS VIEW. Pilkington, Lisa // Estates Gazette;11/13/2010, Issue 1045, p51
The author comments on Experian's "Late Payment Survey" which highlighted the tendency of British firms in agriculture, fisheries and forestry to settle invoices up to 10 days late.
- Companies Bill amendments 'diabolical'. // Accountancy;Dec1981, Vol. 92 Issue 1060, p10
Reports on British accountants' opposition to amendments to the Companies Bill. Provisions of the bill; Financial assistance for the acquisition of shares; Concerns of those who advise on the form in which particular transactions should take place.
- California dreaming. // Printing World;9/11/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the Learning by Seeing trip of British entities to printers and technology companies in California. Objectives of the educational tour; Factor influencing foreign investment decisions of British companies.
- news. // Printing World;9/11/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 11, p14
Reports international developments related to the printing industry as of September 2003. Contract between Wam!Net and Time Inc.; Increase in the number of British companies with broadband access; Stock ownership of Hanover on 4imprint Group.
- Post-haste parcels. // Truck & Driver;Jul2006, p26
This article offers information on ANC Group Ltd., a parcels and logistics distribution company based in Newcastle-under-Lyme, England. The company offers parcels, worldwide services, logistics and resource solutions. It employs more than 4000 people and has a fleet of 2200 vehicles, operating...
- Jolly Green Shopping. Costello, Brid // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;WWDBeautyBiz, p20
The article offers information on Organic Pharmacy Co., founded by Margo Marrone and Francesco Marrone in London, England. The first Organic Pharmacy store opened in 2002, selling skin care products and homeopathic remedies for the growing group of urban worriers concerned with not-so-natural...
- TDG shrinks just a little. Semple, Jack // Motor Transport;3/10/2006, p5
The article reports on the profits posted by TDG PLC in the first six months of 2006. The group revealed that its profits declined fractionally in the six months to June 30, 2006. Turnover was Â£257.7 million, down by just Â£100,000 on a year ago. Pre-tax profit rose to Â£5.7 million from...
- WILL COMPANIES PAY DIVIDENDS THIS YEAR? Dunham, Robin // Accountancy;Mar1991, Vol. 107 Issue 1171, p24
Comments on whether listed companies in Great Britain will cut their dividends in 1991. Comparison of Britain's dividend yield with other markets; Problem with the distribution of dividends by British companies; Forecast on dividend per share growth in 1991.
- PRET LIGHTENS UP NEW YORK'S LUNCH-BREAK. Lasswell, Mark // Management Today;Jan2001, p72
Reports on the establishment of the first New York City unit of Pret a Manger, a British chain of sandwich shops. Challenges encountered by co-founder Sinclair Beecham; Advice on companies diversifying overseas; Selection, remuneration and motivation of employees.
- The way it worked: Xenotron. // Printing World;1/20/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 3, p23
Features Xenotron XVC2, a British developed printing equipment. Functionality of the high resolution and low resolution version of the technology; Manipulation of newspaper advertising on screen; Enthusiasm for the use of the technological innovation.