Building relationships in Sweden
- Perceptions of Communication and Work Relationships Within Japanese Companies Operating in the United States. Watson, Kittie W.; Tsubota, Akema; Barker, Larry L. // World Communication;Dec94, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p45
Investigates the business relationships between Japan and United States and its impact on cultural differences and influences as well as on lifestyle and communication practices of both cultures in the past two decades before 2003. Need to understand the differences in organizational values and...
- Resolved: Using mediation to settle conflicts. Desrochers, Pete // Communication World;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p30
The article discusses the ways that business communicators can use their communication skills to manage professional mediation between both internal and external groups. Communication professionals and mediators have typically been segregated from one another, though the author suggests that...
- Electronic Communications: Do Cultural Dimensions Matter? Ross, Douglas N. // American Business Review;Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p75
Examines electronic business communications across cultures. Media richness theory; Comparisons of the cultural dimension scores and the effects of partial communications in Germany, China, and the United States; Guidelines for improving the chances of success in inter-cultural electronic...
- STUDY OF LITERATURE FOR EFFECTIVE BUSINESS COMMUNICATION. KUMAR SHARMA, PAWAN // International Journal of Research in Computer Application & Mana;Nov2013, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p43
With the global expansion of industrialisation and market economy across borders and cultures, ably assisted by communication technologies, communication skill for business purposes has acquired a greater importance in educational curriculum today. The post-modern ethos of 'decentring' has also...
- The Relationship of Safety Communication, LMX and Safety Commitment: Conceptual Model. Rafidah, A. R.; Shahrina, M. N.; Rohani, S.; Mumtaz, A. M. // Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences;2014 Special, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p169
In critical safety organizations, communication plays a crucial role to ensure the safety performance. The implementation of safety activities in the Gas Processing Plants becomes a challenge due to the low quality of the interaction between management and subordinates, considered as one of the...
- Applied Thinking: Boring - Fern Miller chief strategy officer, international, DigitasLBi. // Campaign;9/20/2013, p52
Whether it's an established marketing director considering the next big launch or a new girl wanting to demonstrate why she has been hired, a client is usually under pressure to show its organisation a confident view of what's next. Or else, the question might turn into who's next?
- How to negotiate business deals in China. Doucet, Mia // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/6/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 23, p38
Provides tips for negotiating business deals in China. Effects of culture on business conversation, mannerisms, trust, respect and outlook; Emphasis on the importance of honor in governing business activity; Importance of communication in enhancing industrial and business productivity.
- Your Culture. Rice, Christopher // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Mar2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p13
The article offers helpful tips on cultivating a high-performance culture for better engagement and mistakes to be avoided. The three important components for a high-performance culture, it says, include having a clear and compelling mission or purpose, sharing core values and sharing...
- Ethics and Working Culture of Employees in the Public Sector. Perkumienė, Dalia; Raupelienė, Asta // Management of Organizations: Systematic Research;2008, Issue 46, p99
In this article the authors seek to reveal the peculiarities of ethics and working culture in the public sector. They analyse how ethics and working culture influence the mutual relations of employees, communication between colleagues and customers, and the performance of work tasks.