Florida Governor Prepared to Tap Reserves for Frances
- Florida Eyes Quick Hurricane Recovery. Folmer, Fred // Travel Agent;10/31/2005, Vol. 323 Issue 3, p12
No abstract available.
- What Hurricanes? Sigo, Shelley // Bond Buyer;8/18/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32199, p27
Reports on the comment of Florida Governor Jeb Bush on the increase of visitors to the state, despite the damages caused by hurricanes in year 2004. Financing of the state public-private tourism agency; Estimate of the economic impact of the Visit Florida campaign.
- Jeb Bush. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Educational background; Details on his career in politics; Achievements of Bush during his term as governor.
- A Third Bush in the White House? Morella, Michael // U.S. News Digital Weekly;1/2/2015, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p10
A quiz about former Florida governor John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is presented.
- Florida's Bush Says State's Recovery from 'Traumatic' Hurricanes on Track. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32021, p33
The article reports that as Florida Governor Jeb Bush marked the end of "the most traumatic hurricane season in Florida history" during a statewide telecast Tuesday night, Tropical Storm Otto developed in the far Atlantic. The June through November period is a guideline used by forecasters to...
- OCCUPATIONAL LICENSING AND ASYMMETRIC INFORMATION: POST- HURRICANE EVIDENCE FROM FLORIDA. Skarbek, David // CATO Journal;Winter2008, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p73
The article discusses the aspect of occupational licensing and examines the licensing laws that allegedly mitigate the problems associated with informational asymmetries in Florida. It explores the government's response to Hurricanes Frances and Katrina happened between 2004 and 2005. In...
- Wilma Forces Florida Election Officials to Postpone Some Upcoming Votes. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32250, p35
Reports that Governor Jeb Bush has postponed the mayoral and city commission primary election because of difficulties caused by Hurricane Wilma in Miami, Florida. Decrease in precinct clerks; Justification of the postponement of the elections; Damage caused by the hurricane in the area.
- FLORIDA: Jeb Bush's Tax Legacy. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, p27
The article reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's tax legacy with the official repeal of the state's intangibles tax on stocks, bonds, notes, government leaseholds, and interests in limited partnerships registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Bush pushed for the repeal since he...
- Jeb's jog to the right. Parker, Ray // Advocate;10/1/2002, Issue 873, p14
Focuses on the consequences previous appointments of governor Jeb Bush in voting decision of voters in Florida. Information on two appointments, public office position for politicians Jerry Reiger and John Grant; View of politician Reiger on homosexuality; Manifestation of in support of Bush to...