NEWS IN BRIEF
- Yardstick. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;5/7/2002, p60
Analyzes the economic indicators and salaries of employees in Great Britain as of May 2002. Average rate of advertised salaries human resources employees; Details on economic indicators; Percentage balance of jobs gained or lost in 2002 first quarter.
- Boom leaves firms starved for workers. Sanders, Lisa // Crain's New York Business;08/03/98, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p1
Reports in August 1998 that there is a shortage of workers in the New York City restaurant sector. Reasons for the shortage; Description of the employee benefits that are offered as a means of retaining and attracting employees.
- Product testing--or sneaky bonuses? // Supervisory Management;Jul94, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p4
Advises managers on letting employees test products without violating the Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) definition of testing. Value of product as taxable income to employees involved; Testing across all wage levels; Significant limits to employees' use of products.
- Family benefits breed loyalty in work force. Greenwald, Judy // Crain's Chicago Business;7/01/96, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p19
Focuses on the bottom-line benefits of work-family initiatives introduced by employers. Boost to productivity; Enhancement of employee loyalty; Fel-Pro as subject of a 1993 University of Chicago study that linked benefit use and appreciation to work performance; Competitive advantage for...
- Rewarding Individual and Team Productivity: The Biloxi Merit Bonus Plan. Gabris, Gerald T.; Mitchell, Kenneth; McLemore, Ronald // Public Personnel Management;Fall85, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p231
Focuses on the concepts associated with merit bonus plan in Biloxi, Mississippi. Mechanisms for rewarding individual and team productivity; Problems connected with individual reward systems; Effect of reward system on organizational output.
- BOOSTING MORALE. McCrea, Bridget; Hughes, Alan // Black Enterprise;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p43
Presents suggestions on boosting the morale of employees. Benefits of updating employees of the company's progress; Significance of reassessing compensation and benefit plans; Importance of focusing on employee productivity.
- Looking Ahead. // Plans & Trusts;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p20
The article reports that the Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan has relied to Aon Hewitt for the assessment of likely changes in drug demand and spending from 2013 to 2018.
- SHORT STAFFING WATCH. Price, Cindy // American Nurse;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p17
Presents news briefs on nursing shortage in the U.S. as of July 2001. Bonuses offered by Florida hospitals in order to recruit nurses; Tuition reimbursement offers in Nebraska.
- How About a 900% Raise? Belone, Aisha // Latin Trade (English);Jul2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the recruitment of registered nurses from Mexico due to the shortage of medical personnel in the U.S. Forecast on the increase of the demand for nurses according to the U.S. government; Launch of a program on nursing career placement by the Los Angeles, California-based MDS Global...