IRS in Talks with Macon, Ga., Over the Use of Bond Proceeds
- Shady Deal? Participants May Face IRS. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p1
Reports on the investigation of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the tax-exempt bond transactions. Examination of the tax returns of participants of the deals; Focus of the agency on abusive bond transactions; Discovery of anomalies in bond transactions.
- Attorney: IRS Scrutiny Will Reduce Number of Blind Pool Deals. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p5
Reports on the impact of the scrutiny of blind bond pools by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on financial transactions in the U.S. Definition of blind pools; Investigation of IRS on undisclosed payments made in various transactions; Concerns of the IRS over issuers' list of potential projects.
- Ohio County Discloses Blind Pool Audit. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;2/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31317, p31
Reports on the disclosure by Clinton County, Ohio regarding the examination of a bond issue it sold on behalf of non-profit hospitals, for possible arbitrage violations by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Underwriter for the bond issue.
- IRS launches investigation of controversial Loudoun County COP deal. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/08/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30535, p5
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is investigating the 1994 sale of $30 million in certificates of participation to build a government office building in Loudoun County, Virginia. Allegations regarding the certificates; Complaints by the group called Voters Insisting...
- Colo. Springs Pays IRS Over Utility Bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/31/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32806, p1
The article reports on the structured settlement of Colorado Springs, Colorado, with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The city disclosed the settlement after it paid $95,000 to the agency over $344.875 million worth of utilities system refunding bonds that were issued and later...
- IRS Settles 6 Loan Pool Transactions. Duff-Barnett, Susanna // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p1
Reports on the closure of the investigations of the Internal Revenue Service concerning the credit provider and issuers of telephone book TEFRA tax-exempt bond deals in the U.S. Allegation of violating the tax code's arbitrage restrictions; Payment of undisclosed amount by AIG SunAmerica to...
- IRS, Law Firm Reach Deal On Penalties. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p1
Reports on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) settlement with a law firm under a section of the tax code that allows the federal agency to assess penalties against market participants that have made false statements in a bond transaction. IRS settlement with an underwriter who was...
- Bondholders May Be Included In IRS Probes of 6700 Violations. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;12/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32022, p1
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) tax-exempt bond office to launch an investigation into the actions of bondholders for tax violations. Approval of the investigation by the IRS committee; Total cases investigated by the office; Plans of the IRS about the...
- IRS checks D.C. health deal for tax code violations. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30633, p4
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service is investigating whether a $300 million refunding bond issue sold by the District of Columbia for Medlantic Helix Parent Inc. complies with the tax code's rules for advance refundings. Bonds' aim to consolidate the debt of two merged...