Back in the Saddle Again
- Yearly Muni flows Swing to Plus Side for 1st Time Since '02. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32312, p7
The article reports on the Investment Co. Institute's data which shows that municipal bond funds had a $5.04 billion net inflow in 2005. The total assets in municipal bond funds increased by $24.2 billion over the 2004 figures. Thornburg Investment Management managing director George Strickland...
- Nearly all Indexes Rise Again Amid a Dearth of Buyers. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33022, p7
The article reports on the increase in almost all of yield indexes for December 12, 2008 week as tax-exempt yields continued to rise in all the week's sessions in the U.S. George Strickland of Thornburg Investment Management stated that there is just a shortage of buyers and he thinks some of...
- States Awash in Private-Use Capacity. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p1
Reports on the private-activity bond capacity of several states from 2004 to 2005 in the U.S. Amount of private-activity bond carried at the end of 2004 by the District of Columbia; Percentage increase in carryforward aggregate volume capacity; States indicating their lack of capacity for the year.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p12
Presents charts depicting the results of negotiated bond sales as of February 11, 2005 in the U.S.
- Albuquerque Tapping Out GO Authorization With $48M Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p7
The article reports on the final authorization of Albuquerque's $121 million of general obligation (GO) bonds approved by voters in New Mexico. The competitive sale of the bonds totaled $48.1 million which includes the general purpose GOs and storm sewer bonds. Other allocations included $30.7...
- Backlog of Unfinished Projects Begins to Weigh on New Mexico. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p26
The article reports that more than $1 billion of capital outlay funds appropriated by the New Mexico Legislature remains to be unspent, unwanted and unaccounted for. Included in the backlog is $473 million of capital outlay funds appropriated by the Legislature in 2005. Also included in the...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;3/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31336, p34
Highlights the results of negotiated sales of revenue bonds in the U.S. as of March 4, 2002. Details of revenue bonds series 2002 of the California School of Mechanical Arts-Lick-Wilmerding High School; Highlights of revenue bonds, series 2002A of the Department of Corrections and Department of...
- Treasury Details Next Week's Auctions. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31855, p2
Reports that the U.S. Department of the Treasury plans to raise funds by selling inflation-indexed bonds on April 7, 2004.
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p34
The article presents information on several government bonds and securities of several states of the U.S. The states are California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington.