Back in the Saddle Again
- Yearly Muni flows Swing to Plus Side for 1st Time Since '02. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/3/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32312, p7
The article reports on the Investment Co. Institute's data which shows that municipal bond funds had a $5.04 billion net inflow in 2005. The total assets in municipal bond funds increased by $24.2 billion over the 2004 figures. Thornburg Investment Management managing director George Strickland...
- Nearly all Indexes Rise Again Amid a Dearth of Buyers. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33022, p7
The article reports on the increase in almost all of yield indexes for December 12, 2008 week as tax-exempt yields continued to rise in all the week's sessions in the U.S. George Strickland of Thornburg Investment Management stated that there is just a shortage of buyers and he thinks some of...
- States Awash in Private-Use Capacity. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p1
Reports on the private-activity bond capacity of several states from 2004 to 2005 in the U.S. Amount of private-activity bond carried at the end of 2004 by the District of Columbia; Percentage increase in carryforward aggregate volume capacity; States indicating their lack of capacity for the year.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32069, p12
Presents charts depicting the results of negotiated bond sales as of February 11, 2005 in the U.S.
- Backlog of Unfinished Projects Begins to Weigh on New Mexico. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/11/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32296, p26
The article reports that more than $1 billion of capital outlay funds appropriated by the New Mexico Legislature remains to be unspent, unwanted and unaccounted for. Included in the backlog is $473 million of capital outlay funds appropriated by the Legislature in 2005. Also included in the...
- Albuquerque Tapping Out GO Authorization With $48M Deal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32682, p7
The article reports on the final authorization of Albuquerque's $121 million of general obligation (GO) bonds approved by voters in New Mexico. The competitive sale of the bonds totaled $48.1 million which includes the general purpose GOs and storm sewer bonds. Other allocations included $30.7...
- FAR WEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p34
The article presents information on several government bonds and securities of several states of the U.S. The states are California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington.
- Road Petition Deadline. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/14/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32174, p31
Reports on the petition in Harrison County, Mississippi calling for a referendum on the county board of supervisors' decision to sell revenue bonds to finance a highway construction. Total amount of revenue bonds; Supervisors' approval of the issue of the bonds on behalf of the Mississippi...
- Hilton Head GOs. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p33
Reports on the plan of Hilton Head Island to sell general obligation bonds in South Carolina. Series of the dent to be sold competitively; Financial adviser of the transaction; Bond counsel.