A 36-year-old man with hemoptysis
- Scleroderma: A Case Presentation. Otterness, Sara // Nephrology Nursing Journal;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p454
Presents a case report of a man who developed scleroderma. Results of medical tests; Forms of manifestations of scleroderma; Treatment; Prognosis.
- The inter-observer agreement of examining pre-school children with acute cough: a nested study. Hay, Alastair D.; Wilson, Andrew; Fahey, Tom; Peters, Tim J. // BMC Family Practice;2004, Vol. 5, p4
Background: The presence of clinical signs have implications for diagnosis, prognosis and treatment. Therefore, the aim of this study was to examine the inter-observer agreement of clinical signs in pre-school children presenting to primary care. Methods: A nested study comparing two clinical...
- Chronic cough. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond; Alvarez, Jaime; Russell, John // Patient Care;Apr2003, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p13
Discusses a case of chronic cough. Information on the differential diagnosis of chronic cough; Description and symptoms of chronic cough; Information on the preferred treatment for chronic cough.
- Cause of productive cough. THAM, Seng-Choe; PEH, Wilfred CG // Asia Pacific Family Medicine;Sep2003, Vol. 2, p182
Reports on the medical case of a 53-year-old Chinese man with productive cough. Radiological findings; Diagnosis; Differences between the primary and secondary forms of the disease; Significance of lingular segment collapse.
- Severe Fatigue: Could It Be Aplastic Anemia? Afable II, Manuel G.; Lyon, Debra E. // Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing;Aug2008, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p569
The article focuses on aplastic anemia (AA), a bone marrow failure disorder characterized by pancytopenia. It discusses the case of a 55-year-old single man who was given a provisional diagnosis of aplastic anemia after presenting with a complaint of fatigue. According to the article, the most...
- Chest pain. Jelinek, Michael; Barraclough, Kevin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;11/7/2009, Vol. 339 Issue 7729, p1083
The article discusses the diagnostic issues associated with the clinical case of a 45-year-old man who sought medical attention after experiencing severe retrosternal chest pain for 10 to 15 minutes. The cause of the patient's chest pain was speculated to be gastrointestinal because his...
- Zenker's diverticulum presented with chronic dry cough and recurrent pulmonary infections. Kostakis, I. D.; Vaiopoulos, A. G.; Lachanas, E.; Spartalis, E.; Karagkiouzis, G.; Tomos, P. // Archives of Hellenic Medicine / Arheia Ellenikes Iatrikes;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p698
A 76-year-old male presented chronic dry cough, recurrent pulmonary infections and dysphagia. Cervical computed tomography (CT) and esophagogram revealed an intermediate-sized Zenker's diverticulum in the posterior wall of the upper esophagus. The patient underwent diverticulectomy without...
- SELF ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS: Multiple small opacities of metallic density in the lung. Chaudhry, D.; Jagdish; Garg, M.; Aggarwal, A.; Tandon, S. // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 77 Issue 914, p789
The article studies a case of multiple small opacities of metallic density in the lung. A 24-year-old young man presented with sudden onset of chest pain, dry cough, and shortness of breath of five days' duration. He denied trauma, fever, chills, or haemoptysis. A physical examination was...
- Neonatal pertussis presenting as acute bronchiolitis: direct detection of the Bordetella pertussis genome using loop-mediated isothermal amplification. Nakamura, Akari; Sakano, Takashi; Nakayama, Tetsuo; Shimoda, Hiroko; Okada, Yasuyuki; Hanayama, Ryuzo; Nomoto, Katsuhiro; Suto, Tetsushi; Kinoshita, Yoshihisa; Furue, Takeki; Ono, Hiroaki; Ohta, Toshiyuki // European Journal of Pediatrics;Mar2009, Vol. 168 Issue 3, p347
We report a 28-day-old female infant with pertussis presenting as severe acute bronchiolitis with cyanosis. On admission, the patientâ€™s symptoms were similar to those of acute bronchiolitis. However, occasional apneic episodes with cyanosis and peripheral lymphocytosis suggested neonatal...