Megamergers stoke "too big to fail" debate
- Too Big to Fail: The Hazards of Bank Bailouts. // Region (10453369);Sep2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p54
Reviews the book "Too Big to Fail: The Hazards of Bank Bailouts," by Gary H. Stern and Ron J. Feldman.
- Too Big to Fail. Stern, Gary H.; Feldman, Ron J. // Region (10453369);Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p60
Presents excerpts from the book "Too Big to Fail: The Hazards of Bank Bailouts," by Gary H. Stern and Ron J. Feldman.
- Book value. // CA Magazine;May94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p17
Reviews the book `Too Big to Fail: Olympia and York--The Story Behind the Headlines,' by Walter Stewart.
- Too Big To Fail: The Hazards of Bank Bailouts. // Region (10453369);Mar2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p12
An excerpt from the 2004 book "Too Big To Fail: The Hazards of Bank Bailouts," by Gary H. Stern and Ron J. Feldman is presented.
- BUSINESS IN THE FAMILY. Rosenian, Ellen // Books in Canada;Feb94, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p37
Reviews the books 'Too Big to Fail: Olympia & York; The Story Behind the Headlines,' by Walter Stewart and 'K.C.: The Biography of K.C. Irving,' by Douglas How and Ralph Costello.
- Cadwalader embroiled in airline fiasco. Westacott, Gemma // Lawyer;7/3/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p13
The article reports on the involement of Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft in a shareholder dispute with Northwest Airlines after it was learned the firm was paind $1 million for bankruptcy advice before the airline even filed for Chapter 11 protection. Northwest revealed in its statement of...
- Too Big to Fail. // Region (10453369);Sep2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
The article presents comments from various magazines and financial professionals regarding the too-big-to-fail policy in the U.S., prior to its implementation in 2009. "The Region," in its June 1991 issue, criticized the policy as a moral hazard, suggesting a redress of the resources allocated...
- Minneapolis Fed Hosts 2008 Financial Services Executive Forum. // Region (10453369);Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p7
Information about several concerns discussed at a forum hosted by the Minneapolis Fed is presented. The Financial Services Executive Forum was held on September 10, 2008 where Fed information, insights, and perspective regarding the financial crises were shared by financial institution leaders....
- Viewpoint. Campbell, John // Orange County Business Journal;1/19/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p51
The author comments on the bailout for the automobile industry in the U.S. by presenting seven myths about the industry. He compares American automobile manufactures with their Japanese counterparts. Furthermore, he notes that major car manufacturers have made management missteps which may have...