- Commerce: W.Va. Export Growth on Pace to Exceed Record. Kuykendall, Taylor // State Journal (WV);8/17/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p12
The article offers the insights of West Virginia Commerce Secretary Keith Burdette regarding the expansion of the export growth of the state in 2012.
- Despite Recent Advances, Official Expects West Virginia's Growth to Slow. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p33
Reports that financial experts have expected West Virginia's economic growth to slow down despite recent advances in fiscal 2005. Possible increase in mandatory expenditures; Credit ratings of the state; Concern of experts over huge entitlement programs.
- Expanding Energy Exports Good for West Virginia. KEATING, Raymond J. // State Journal (WV);6/14/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p34
The article discusses the effect of the expansion of the liquified natural gas (LNG) exports in the U.S. to the economy of West Virginia.
- West Virginia: Ambassadors, exporters convene to bring more of state to the world. Wallace, Douglas // Business America;Jun98, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p25
Highlights proceedings of the 1998 West Virginia International Trade Partners Luncheon held in Washington, D.C. on May 20. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed; US Department of Commerce's efforts to develop strategies for increasing exports from rural areas.
- Looking for Growth While Treading Water. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p66A
Focuses on the economic condition of West Virginia in the fiscal year 2002. Expected growth in the state's budget in the fiscal 2003; Increase in the revenue collections from July through November 2001; Expected revenue growth in the fiscal 2002; Estimated income from the lottery in fiscal...
- West Virginia's Growth Lagging Behind Rest of Nation. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p29
Focuses on the economic conditions of West Virginia. Comparison of the growth of real gross state product with other states of the U.S.; Percentage increase in jobs between 1990 and 2000; Median household income in the state in 2000.
- Tech Connect Funding Could Lead To High-Paying Jobs. // State Journal (WV);10/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p25
The article reports that funding from the U.S. Economic Development Administration could help Tech Connect of West Virginia in diversifying West Virginia's economic development by providing high wage jobs.
- N.H. exports show signs of recovery in April. Simos, Evangelos Otto // New Hampshire Business Review;7/17/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p10
The article reports on the performance of the export industry in New Hampshire in the first quarter of 2009. The state has recorded increased exports from 0.2 percent to 2.5 percent in April 2009 where shipments amounted to $222.9 million, compared to 20.7 percent in the same month in 2008. In...
- 4 TRADE INDICATORS: EXPORTS FROM MALAWI: 4.1 INTRODUCTION & METHODOLOGY. // Malawi Economic Studies;2007, p350
The article presents trade indicators for imports into Malawi. It provides an overview of the chapter regarding the export competitiveness or the export supply potential of Malawi. Moreover, it offers information on the methods used by the researchers in conducting the study, including how the...