- Arizona Polygamists to Vote on Bonds, Property Tax Hike. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p4
Reports that the school district in northern Arizona, Colorado City Unified School District No. 14, is seeking approval for a 1.5 million dollar bond issue. Unanimous vote made by the trustees of the school district to put the bond proposal before voters in November 2004; Purposes for which bond...
- Loudon County, Va., Puts $108M of GOs on Nov. Ballot. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p4
Reports on the request for voters to approve the general obligation bonds in a referendum in Loudoun County, Virginia. Approval of the board of supervisors for the borrowing plans; Use of the bond proceeds to fund projects related to school construction; Division of the debt request into two...
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p32
Presents a list of approved municipal bonds by the voters in a referendum in the U.S.
- Arizona Voters to Decide Fate of Over $1B of School Bonds This November. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/23/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32492, p6
The article reports on the opportunity of Arizona voters to decide on multi-million dollar school bond requests on November 7, 2006. Initial reports show that 22 school districts in the state are seeking approximately $1.07 billion in general obligation bonds. Also cited are the most pressing...
- Tulsa County, Okla., to Vote on $162M of GOs for Schools. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/6/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32211, p34
Reports on the inclusion of the general obligation bond package from Tulsa County Independent School District No. 1 in the referendum in Oklahoma. Need for voters to approve the said bond package before it can be offered to the market; Use of the proceeds of the bond to provide funding to...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;05/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30892, p20
Reports on bonds issued by cities and school districts in the United States in May 2000. Bonds issued by the City of Ankeny, Iowa, by Eastern Iowa Community College, Bay City School District in Michigan and others; Amount of bonds; Yield rates; Due dates; Other features.
- More area schools, cities issuing bonds. Stoffer, Jason // Crain's Detroit Business;07/19/99, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p31
Reports on the trend toward higher bond ratings and lower interest rates that allow more Detroit, Michigan schools to issue bonds. Total public debt issued in Michigan in 1998; Benefit of the issuance of more debt by school boards and municipalities to taxpayers.
- Ohio Voters Pass $700M of Job GOs; Michigan, Indiana OK School Debt. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;5/6/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33312, p32
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. including the approval of 700 million dollars worth of new-money general obligation (GO) bonds by Ohio voters to fund jobs program, the school bond requests approved by Michigan voters, and the approval to shift money from capital budget to general fund...
- The Disheartening Truth Behind 'Son of 26' Hill, Martin // San Diego Business Journal;05/29/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p66
Criticizes Son of Prop. 26, a version of the Proposition 26 which aims to lower voter approval needed to pass school bonds in California to a semi-majority approval of 55 percent. Defeat of the first version last March 2000; Negative impact of the said movement on property owners whose taxes...