S.F. College District to Sell $110M
- Chicago to assist community colleges with CAB issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30733, p43
Reports on Chicago, Illinois' plans to sell general obligation bonds to pay for capital improvements to the city's community college system. Financing method; Cost of the city's decision to use capital appreciation bonds instead of current-interest bonds.
- N.C. Lawmakers Approve Higher-Education Bonds. Mooneyham, Scott // Community College Week;06/12/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p10
Reports that North Carolina state lawmakers gave final approval to a bond package for university and community college construction in May 2000. Terms of the package; College facilities to be renovated; Actions taken by university, community college and state officials in promoting the package.
- University of Houston Set to Go With First Part of Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p38
Reports the selling of revenue bonds for the first offering of a two-part deal to finance capital improvements to campuses and refund outstanding debts by the University of Houston System. Role of Wells Fargo on the deal; Amount of tax-exempt consolidated revenue bonds sold; Percentage of value...
- U. of Alabama Readies 1st Part of $279M Revenue Bond Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31914, p7
Reports on Birmingham-based University of Alabama's preparation for the first part of its $279 million revenue bond plan. Plan to use the proceeds to support a major debt refunding and capital improvement campaign; Entities involved in the bond offering.
- New Debt in the Desert. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p1
Reports that Yuma/La Paz Counties Community College District will take a multi-million dollar general obligation bonds to market in Dallas, Texas. Authorization granted to the school for the issuance of such bonds at an election in November 2004; Sale of the authorized bonds by 2006; Use of the...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p24
The article reports on the results of competitive sales of bonds and notes in September 2006 in the U.S. Hawheye Community College has sold general obligation bonds worth $6,100,000 to First Southwest Co. Redford Charter Township has issued capital improvement bonds of $2,695,000 to Harris N. A....
- College Project Push. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/12/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32109, p31
Reports that Governor Brad Henry is advising state colleges and universities that the start of the ground breaking of capital improvement projects is dependent on the legal challenges that may confront an enacted bond issue in Oklahoma.
- Tulsa Community College Seeking $76M of GOs to Handle Growth. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32825, p7
The article reports that Tulsa Community College in Oklahoma is seeking voter approval regarding its proposal to issue $76 million of general obligation bonds and to increase the college district's property tax rate of 1.7 mills to 8.7 mills. Proceeds from the bond sale will help expand and...
- WCCCD's bond rating upgraded to A+. // Michigan Citizen;5/6/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 26, pA3
The article reports that the bond ratings for Wayne County Community College District (WCCCD) has been upgraded to A+ in Detroit, Michigan on April 27, 2012.