Merrill Research Analyst John Hallacy Taking Post With Insurer MBIA
- MBIA's Triple-A Safe Despite CDO Exposure, Merrill Says. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p6
MBIA Insurance Corp.'s triple-A credit quality is not in danger due to its exposure to collateralized debt obligations and credit default exchange, according to a Merrill Lynch & Co. report releasedin March 2003. ï¿½Given the monitoring systems, the strength of the balance sheet, the ample...
- MBIA Split Panned By Four Former N.Y. Regulators. Ruquet, Mark E. // National Underwriter / P&C;3/21/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the complaint of the four former New York insurance superintendents on the division of the MBIA Insurance Corp. in New York.
- MBIA net up 18% in 3d quarter. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/09/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30765, p25
Focuses on the financial performance of MBIA Insurance Corp. for the third-quarter of 1999. Increase of net income; Increase of expected overall portfolio returns.
- MBIA restructures as insurers weigh obstacles to growth. Sherman, Lynn; Kruger, Daniel; Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;11/19/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30524, p1
Reports on the MBIA Insurance Corp.'s reduction of its staff to streamline operations and reduce future operating costs. Number of positions eliminated; Names of some executives that were let go; Factors that led to the staff reductions.
- MBIA offers insurance in estate settlements. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;2/28/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 39, p27
Reports on MBIA Insurance Corporation's insurance offer to banks called Assurety, which guarantees deposits before they are assigned to trust accounts and later invested. When MBIA started to offer product.
- Participants Post 2006 Predictions in 'Live Market Survey'. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;12/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32272, p6
The article features the MBIA Insurance Corp.-sponsored "Live Market Survey" which was conducted during "The Bond Buyer" Third Annual Metro Finance Conference in New York. Forecasts on municipal bond market volume, Treasury bonds and U.S. securities were discuses. Columbia Management Group...
- Palm Bay, Fla., Readying Pension Sale for Police, Fire. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/7/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32789, p3
The article reports that the government officials of Palm Bay, Florida is readying its second pension bond sale to carry out its unfunded liability for fire and police benefits. According to city manager Lee Feldman of MBIA Insurance Corp., the upcoming offering is delayed in November 2007...
- Former King of the Hill MBIA Insurance Slips to Fourth Place. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p34
Provides the ranking of bond insurers in the United States. Downslide of the MBIA Insurance Corp. from first to fourt place; Reason for the losses of MBIA; Placement of Financial Security Assurance Inc. at the top spot.
- MBIA Premiums Decline Due to Competition, Drop in Insured Volume, CFO Says. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32433, p6
The article highlights the second-quarter earnings report released by MBIA Insurance Corp.'s parent company, MBIA Inc. The report shows that MBIA Insurance continues to face fierce competition in its public finance business in the United States. The firm reported premiums of $73.7 million in the...