- Munis Weaken on Stronger-Than-Expected Data. William Curran; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/4/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32374, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds in the United States on May 3, 2006. The municipal bond market weakened as stronger-than-expected economic data continued to pour into the market. There are concerns that the Federal Open Market Committee will remain on the path to higher...
- MUNICIPAL BOND ACTIVITIES. // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p27
Presents a chart related to municipal bond activities in the U.S. as of February 17, 2005.
- Muni Primary Takes a Break; Puerto Rico Bonds Firm. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;7/1/2015, p7
The article presents updates relating to the bonds market in Puerto Rico as of July 2015. Topics discussed include trading of commonwealth general obligation (GO) bonds, trading on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, calculation of the 10-year municipal bond to Treasury ratio, and the...
- TBMA: Proposed Changes to G-23 Would Shrink Options, Competition. // Bond Buyer;2/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32218, p8
The article reports that the Bond Market Association believes that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-23 is a successful, well-drafted rule, requiring thorough and accurate disclosure by regulated broker-dealers to issuers and investors in the U.S. The author implies that...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, June 7. // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p2
Presents charts showing the performance of the securities market in the United States on June 7, 2004. Consumer credit level; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index; Thirty-day visible supply.
- Dealers Want SEC to Delay Consideration of SMMP Changes. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;9/29/2014, p36
The article reports that dealer groups are pushing for changes to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's (MSRB) proposed best execution rule which did not appear in MSRB's first best execution draft floated in February 2014. The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA)...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p23
Highlights the results of competitive municipal bond sales in the United States as of December 21, 2000. Greenwich, Connecticut's general obligation bonds; Coralville, Iowa's general obligation bond anticipation project notes.
- Treasuries edge elevated munis as economic data drives the action. Louis, Brian // Bond Buyer;08/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30210, p1
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of August 15, 1997. Treasury bonds; Municipal bonds; Reluctance to buy bonds; Meeting of the US Federal Open Market Committee.
- Pennsylvania Set to Retry Its $706M Offering Thursday. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Daken; Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;12/10/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32770, p7
The article informs that Pennsylvania has rescheduled its $706 million offering on December 13, 2007 due to technical problems. The deal represents about 11% of the $6.4 billion of bonds. The state has switched providers to Ipreo's Parity electronic bidding system, despite MuniAuction reportedly...