- Think: 'Road Trip'. Annicelli, Cliff // Playthings;Apr2007, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p4
The article comments on the annual fall mass market toy preview by the Toy Industry Association in Dallas, Texas. The event was participated by more than 900 manufacturers' lines, according to the Western Toy & Hobby Representatives Association. There were also a few major and mid-size toy...
- Specialty stores best selling toys. // Playthings;Mar98, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p14
Presents a list of the best selling toys in the United States toy industry according to the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association. Identification of the toys; Names of stores which sell the toys.
- Late reports. // Playthings;Jun99, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p12
Reports on developments related to toy industry in the United States as of June 1999. Includes the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association's 1999 convention held in San Diego, California; Learning Curve Toys executive John Lee's plan not to attend the Toy Manufacturers of America's 1999...
- Toy industry fails to unearth knock-out Christmas product. // Marketing Week;10/26/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p8
Reports the failure of the British Association of Toy Retailers to unearth a 'knock-out' Christmas toy in Great Britain. Reasons for the shift of the industry from the dominant toy trend; Launch of interactive pets; Prediction of analysts concerning traditional toys.
- Business breaks. Annicelli, Cliff // Playthings;Jan99, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p64
No abstract available.
- On a continuing mission. Conley, Tom // Playthings;Oct2002, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p38
Reports the functions of the Toy Industry Association in the U.S. Help offerings to toy merchants; Organization of trade shows; Reduction of transportation cost for toy manufacturers.
- ASTRA start well-founded. Clepper, Irene // Playthings;Apr2001, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p49
Features the United States-based American Specialty Toy Retailing Association. First convention in 1993; Membership; Web site; 2001 convention schedule.
- New exec for ASTRA. Gerardi, Dave // Playthings;Nov2000, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the speech of American Specialty Toy Retailers Association (ASTRA) executive director Kathleen McHugh at the 2000 Good Toy Expo held in Hartford, Connecticut. McHugh's interaction with retailers who attended the exposition; McHugh's discussion of how toy retailers can succeed in the...
- Talking shop. Bilzi, Jill // Playthings;Apr2000, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p56
Reports on the American Specialty Toy Retailers Association's preparation for its 8th annual convention in May 2000. Topics for discussion; Lineup of activities.