Giving Them a Hand
- Total Time Savers. // Good Housekeeping;Mar2009, Vol. 248 Issue 3, p33
The article offers tips on making household chores more time-saving. It suggests that a basin or sink must be filled with warm or cold water for washing lingerie and fine knits, along with detergent for fine fabrics. It cites that stains can be treated with a laundry pre-treater and delicate...
- For good or ill, the Great Unwashed are making a comeback. Lusk, Martha Larche // Nation's Restaurant News;7/29/96, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p26
Opinion. Focuses on the importance of handwashing among foodservice personnel. Cautions given by the health-care people; Determination if a person has washed his or her hand after using the rest room.
- REPETITION IS KEY TO: HANDLING HANDWASHING. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p120
Presents information on several ways to encourage food service employees to continually wash their hands. Basic steps of proper handwashing; Errors committed by employees when they wash their hands; Instances that necessitate handwashing.
- How to reinforce good habits: Handwashing. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;05/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p212
Looks at handwashing in food service as a product of motivation, according to the views expressed by Jorge Hernandez, manager of food safety services for the National Restaurant Association's Educational Foundation. Tactics which can be used to motivate food service employees to wash their...
- Experts say training, tougher inspections can keep food chain safe. Prewitt, Milford // Nation's Restaurant News;10/13/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 41, p44
Focuses on the challenges faced by food service industry in the U.S. Importance of training the food service workers; Reduction of food-borne illnesses through hand washing; Risks faced by food service companies.
- Out, Out, Damn Germs. // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jul2008, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p108
The article offers tips on how to prevent the transmission of germs. Since the common source of transmission is dirty hands, one is advised to wash hands under warm running water, lather up with soap and scrub the back of hands and wrists. Washing is suggested to be done for 20 seconds and then...
- ABOUT HAND WASHINGâ€¦. // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Dec2006, p133
The article discusses the importance of hand washing. The goal of washing your hands is to eliminate germs. To get really clean hands, it is better to wash hands in warm water. Lather well with soap, paying attention to knuckles and under and around fingernails. Dry thoroughly on a clean, dry...
- Food Safety's 'Silver Bullets.'. Grover, Steven; Andrews, Christine // Food Management;Mar2001, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p94
Takes a look at just a few of the regulatory schemes proposed to address food safety concerns in the United States. Importance of hand-washing-management and compliance by foodservice workers; Mandatory hepatitis A vaccinations for foodservice workers; Mandatory consumer warnings on menus.
- FOR FOOD SAFETY'S LARGEST CHALLENGE: HANDWASHING SYSTEMS. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p108
Deals with hand washing systems for food service employees. Challenges for the motivation of employees to wash their hands; Advantages of touchless hand washing systems; Strategy used by food service administrator Elliot Cahan to improve hand washing among his employees.