- I screwed up so you won't. Johnson, Kerry Hillard // Firstline;Dec2009, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the author's biggest professional gaffe and what she learned from it. Wasting time and doing sub par work assignments during her internship with Firstline, she was asked to write a letter of apology to the manager and the company. This taught her that she should have asked...
- How To Get the Most Value from Your Internship Program. Farinelli, Jean L.; Mann, Phil // Public Relations Quarterly;Fall94, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p35
This article demonstrates the value of well-conceived, education-based internships and makes recommendations on how to create a program that provides many short and long-term benefits to the interns. The presence of interns can create first-time supervisory opportunities for the agency's junior...
- Investing in interns? Read this. GLICKMAN, JODI // Finweek;6/6/2013, p37
The article offers tips for the successful investment of marketing executives in summer interns. Executives are suggested to select one or two particular projects in need of interns. They are recommended to put the job description of their chosen interns in writing. They are also advised to...
- Industry Day. // ASEE Prism;Feb2012, Vol. 21 Issue 6, pC31
The article offers information on the Corporate Member Council Industry Day on June 12, 2012 including the next-generation, high impact K-12 academic models, best approaches for internships, and final data presentation of Social Innovation Generation (SiG).
- 11 steps to get the most out of internships. Severns, Zach // SportsTurf;Dec2014, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p20
The article offers step-by-step instructions for optimizing internships for turf managers.
- Back to School. HURWITT, SAM // Theatre Bay Area;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Jean Schiffman on the benefit of internship in a theater company, another by Emily Wilson on what actors think about enrolling in a master of fine arts program in...
- Nonprofit leaders gain training through N.O. internship program. Pandolfi, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p16
Features the BoardsWork!, a non-profit internship program for potential corporate leaders in New Orleans, Louisana. Emphasis of the training program on fund raising, media relations and legal issues; Contact information; History of the program.
- No summer internship? It's not too late. Holden, Rich // Quill;Mar2001, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p36
Discusses summer internship for journalism student. Benefits of smaller newspapers; Application to large newspaper and news organization; Precautions about accepting an offer.
- Is a health-care internship for you? // RN;Mar84, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p72I
Presents a list of internships available with organizations that deal closely with legislative process. Definition of internship; Responsibility of interns; Information on how to get an internship.