The Chicken Connection
- EVERY MEAL, EVERY DAY, UNTIL THE END OF TIME. Stall, Sam // Indianapolis Monthly;Apr2004, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p116
Food trends come and food trends go, but in Indiana, one thing never changes, the cafeteria, in all its humble glory. It's a palace of plenty, a beloved Hoosier icon, where tradition reigns, consistency rules, and they still make the fried chicken and strawberry pie the way they did when your...
- Always the favorite. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;8/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p66
Relates the popularity of chicken menus at university cafeterias in the U.S. Use of chicken as the main ingredient in food recipes at Union College in Schenectady, New York; Sample chicken dishes offered at West Oregon University in Monmouth; Basic chicken dishes served at Central Washington...
- Nuggets still top the list. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p92
Reveals that chicken nuggets are the most popular chicken dish among school foodservice facilities in the United States. How chicken nuggets are prepared; Dips that go with chicken nuggets; Frequency of serving chicken nuggets.
- AN AMERICAN CLASSIC: Chicken wings flying high. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p80
Reports on the popularity of chicken wings among food service firms. Chicken wings recipes created by chef Sam deMarco; Demand for chicken wings; Benefits of chicken wings in reducing the cost of production.
- A basis for creativity. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p80
Deals with various creative ways to prepare chicken in the food service industry. Preparation of grilled chicken; Recipe for Santa Fe Chicken Spring Roll; Cost of chicken parmigiana.
- Fowl play: Chicken wings its way into popular culture. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;05/10/99, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p61
Describes the popularity of chicken among United States foodservice operators. Chicken as an integral part of the menu; Background on the introduction, domestication and breeding of chicken; Chicken recipes from various chefs.
- CHICKEN IS LA KING. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p91
Offers a look at how chicken is used by foodservice companies in the United States. Statistics on chicken consumption; Overview of the growth of branded chicken concepts; Innovations in chicken preparation.
- An all-purpose entree. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p128
Discusses the popularity of chicken recipes at business and industry food service operations in the United States. Demand for chicken recipes at company cafeterias; Typical servings for chicken; Consumer response to chicken wraps; Variety of ways that food service operators serve chicken.
- Chicken. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p138
Presents chicken recipes served at food service operations across the United States. Includes Penne With Grilled Chicken from Con Edison in New York City; Chicken Burrito Grande from Glendale Schools in California; Chicken and Cheese Burrito from Albuquerque Schools in New Mexico; Balsamic...