Child Nutrition Act of '04 gets Bush, ASFSA O.K
- Do It For The Children. Sparks, Brian // American Vegetable Grower;Nov2008, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p78
The author reflects on the significance of promoting nutritional foods for children in the U.S. According to him, the federal government is pushing for the passage of the 2009 Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act which advocates child nutrition programs such as School Lunch and Breakfast and the...
- Michelle's meals turn off the kids. Wasson, Erik // Hill;5/21/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 60, p1
The article offers information on the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 and the conflict between U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama and the House Republicans on the negative reception of the act's implementation among schools and their students.
- Fruits and Vegetables Offered in School Lunch Salad Bars Versus Traditional School Lunches. Schmidt, Stefanie R.; McKinney, Patricia // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;2004, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p3
Most U.S. school-age children do not eat enough fruits and vegetables, both in terms of the number of servings and variety. One proposed way to improve children's consumption of fruits and vegetables is to increase the number of schools that offer salad bars as part of the National School Lunch...
- DID YOU KNOW? // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;4/21/2008, Vol. 70 Issue 22, p2
The article presents facts about the health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables. Researchers in Canada say children with a healthy diet do better on tests than children with a less healthy diet. The researchers studied about 5,000 fifth-graders. The study showed that children who ate lots...
- New Resources to Educate Children about Fruits & Veggies. // Curriculum Review;Nov2007, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p15
The article focuses on various resources to educate children about fruits, vegetables and a healthy diet. A kit, Explore the World with Fruits and Vegetables, has been developed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control for teachers to use with children to spark their interest in fruits and...
- PACK LOVE AND FOOD. Springen, Karen // Newsweek;9/13/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p64
Presents tips on packing a healthy lunch for children. Importance of making fruits and veggies enticing; Use of an ice pack to keep foods cool; Buying fresher, less processed foods.
- Healthy Lunch. // Scholastic Choices;Apr/May2008, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the study conducted by researchers at the University of Minnesota, which states that most of the students buy healthy foods during lunch. According to the article, there have been an increase in the percentage of students who purchase nutritious foods which includes fruits...
- (CHILD WELFARE) Senator Urges $15M Expansion of Child Nutrition Grants. // Children & Youth Funding Report;11/20/2009, p2
The article reports that Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio has urged lawmakers to adopt a bill that would offer grants worth 15 million dollars for expansion of child nutrition efforts at schools in poor communities. Brown said that his proposed Hunger Free Schools Act would help enroll more...
- Child Nutrition Bill Introduced in House. // FoodService Director;7/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p1
The article reports that the U.S. House Education and Labor Committee has introduced the Improving Nutrition for America's Children Act of 2010, a bill that includes funds to make school meals more healthful.