Less is More
- Brands kick up HS sales 40%. // FoodService Director;11/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
States that participation at Beaufort County, SC's six secondary schools has increased after food service director Ron Myers introduced the four in-house brand stations, and national and manufacturer brand options. Reason why high schools are the toughest to capture; Food included in the...
- Great service moves forward. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/19/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4582, p19
In this article, the author offers views on the importance of great service in restaurants. He implies that the provision of great service can cover up the problem with food, but poor service will not be covered by great food. He stresses that offering the right service to customers will not...
- Fun With Eggnog. // Food Management;Dec2012, Vol. 47 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the Phoebe Ministries/Cura Hospitality Chef Challenge developed by Cura Hospitality Inc. that was held at Phoebe Allentown Health Center in Allentown, Pennsylvania in November 2012, which involves inhouse dining operation.
- In Pursuit of Profitable Parties. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/24/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p56
Details the benefits of catering business in the United States. View of Kimner White, owner of Historic Boomtown Restaurant, on catering business; Ways to balance regular restaurant business with catering services; Growth of in-house services demand; Description of target customer.
- Personalized service is now the norm. Graham, John R. // American Salesman;Feb99, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p8
Examines whether customers prefer personalized service. Examples of customer complaints; Reason customers like personal service; Internet as the force redefining customer service.
- Use in-house computers to make customer service profitable. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p9
Presents views from Jim deGraffenreid, president of Hart Publications, concerning the use of in-house computers to increase revenue, and customer service into a profit-generating business. Use of the customer as a prospective consumer; Selling of additional products after problem resolution;...
- Quality and Service for Internal Customers. McDermott, Lynda C.; Emerson, Michael // Training & Development Journal;Jan1991, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p61
Discusses tips on improving service to internal customers. Strategic importance of internal service; Internal customer satisfaction model.
- Should Internal Customers Exist? Harari, Oren // Management Review;Jul91, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p41
Discusses reasons why a pervasive concern with internal customers will likely cause problems on businesses. Anecdotes on problems related to internal customers; Impact of diverting attention to internal customers on services provided to external customers; Operational consequences of the...
- Internal affairs. Meltzer, Michael // Financial Management;Nov2002, p12
Focuses on issues pertaining to the implementation of internal customer relations (ICR) management. Background on the customer relationship management concept; Reasons for the importance placed on ICR by companies.