A Zeus-sized effort
- The catering marathon. McClary, Samantha // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/12/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4336, p30
Discusses the preparations made by the catering services for the Olympics in Athens, Greece in 2004. Partnership of Aramark and Daskalantonakis Group; Problem encountered in the catering operation by head chef Mike Twissel; Measures implemented by contract caterer Aramark.
- New York, New York. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;8/2/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p6
This article reports on several developments related to business. FreshDirect Inc. has won over consumers throughout New York City. Now, the online food delivery company is vying for executives' palates. City Harvest, the charity that is known for picking up leftover food from restaurants and...
- It Feeds A Village. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jul2004, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p0
Discusses the responsibility of the joint venture Aramark-Dasko for feeding the residents of and visitors to the Olympic Village in Athens, Greece, during the 2004 Olympic Games. Partnership between U.S.-based Aramark Corp. and Greece-based Daskalantonakis Group; Operation of a series of food...
- Candidate cities bid for 2004 Olympics. // Christian Science Monitor;1/12/96, Vol. 88 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the International Olympic Committee's (IOC's) report that at the close of the January 10, 1996 deadline, a record 11 cities had submitted bids to host the 2004 Olympics. Names of the countries which submitted bids; Cities that had made previous bids; Highest previous number of...
- Bidding Beijing adieu? Wolff, Alexander; Stone, Christian // Sports Illustrated;8/14/95, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the Beijing's plan to pass on the 2004 Olympic Games. Other Chinese cities mounting a bid for the 2004 Games; Reasons for passing on the event.
- Countdown to 1997 Olympic decision. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;12/28/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 52, p12
Reports that according to Puerto Rico Commission's president, Marimer Olazagasti, the island has good chances of hosting the 2004 Olympiad. Preparations for first test; Local infrastructure; Benefits of the event; Influence on tourism; Comments from Olazagasti.
- The Olympics race is on: Which city will it be in 2004? Atkin, Ross // Christian Science Monitor;9/4/97, Vol. 89 Issue 196, p13
Questions which city the Olympics will be held at in the year 2004. Rome, Italy; Athens, Greece; Stockholm, Sweden; Cape Town, South Africa; Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Support the Athens Olympics. Cooley, John K. // Christian Science Monitor;3/13/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 74, p11
Argues that despite security concerns of some government officials, the 2004 summer Olympic Games should take place in Athens, Greece.
- SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/20/2004, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p8
Presents several quizzes on topics featured in the September 20, 2004 issue of "Scholastic News," including the U.S. Electoral College and the 2004 Summer Olympics.