Eschewing the trans fat
- Looking Back on Five Years of Ranking Power Players. Orgel, David // SN: Supermarket News;7/23/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 30, p20
The article reflects on the annual Power 50 rankings being released by the periodical "Supermarket News" in the U.S. It notes that the changes in the ranking usually reflect evolution of retail industry priorities. It mentions that the mounting concern over trans fats led to the inclusion of the...
- HAVING WORDS WITH Rusty Coco. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;6/27/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 26, p200
Presents an interview with Rusty Coco, co-owner of Jason's Deli in Beaumont, Texas. Decision of the company to eliminate trans fatty acids from all of its food items; Difficulty in getting trans fats out of baked goods; Benefits of the effort aside from the health aspect; Concern about box lunches.
- Trans Fats Make the Label. // Current Health 2;Jan2004, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p2
Provides information on the presence of trans fats in food.
- Trans fat. // Mayo Clinic Health Letter;May1998, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p7
Presents information on trans fatty acids, a type of fat found in margarine and processed and fast foods. Harmful effects of trans fatty acids; Composition fats; Effects of trans fatty acids on the cardiovascular system; How to limit consumption of trans fatty acids; Comparison of butter and...
- Erratum: Metabolic Implications of Dietary Trans-fatty Acids. Dorfman, Suzanne E.; Laurent, Didier; Gounarides, John S.; Li, Xue; Mullarkey, Tara L.; Rocheford, Erik C.; Sari-Sarraf, Farid; Hirsch, Erica A.; Hughes, Thomas E.; Commerford, S. Renee // Obesity (19307381);Jul2009, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1474
A correction to the article "Metabolic Implications of Dietary Trans-fatty Acids," by Suzanne E. Dorfman, Didier Laurent and John S. Gounarides et al in an issue of "Obesity."
- Trans action. // Better Homes & Gardens;May2011, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p218
The article reports that a paper from "The American Journal of Health Promotion" has revealed that consumers could be consuming more trans fat than they realize.
- Popcorn and Guns (Cartoon). Donar, David // Moderate Voice;1/17/2014, p12
A cartoon on being assaulted with popcorn loaded with trans fat is presented.
- The bare facts about fat. Deas, Gerald W. // New York Amsterdam News;08/20/98, Vol. 89 Issue 34, p14
Presents information on health issues, highlighting the risks which are associated with using hydrogenated oils or trans fats in the diet. Details on the food sources of trans fats; Evidence that trans fats are the major cause of coronary heart disease; Importance of knowing that any fats that...
- Check Your Oil. // American Fitness;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
Warns consumers of the health risks posed by trans-fatty acids.