- Service sizzle. Caira, Rosanna // Foodservice & Hospitality;Oct2005, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p2
Comments on the importance of great customer service in the foodservice industry. Tradition of service excellence evident around the world; View by the author that friendly and courteous service should be the cornerstone of any restaurant; Tips to ensure that restaurants are providing the level...
- Good service is good business. Benes, Robert J. // Chef Magazine;Feb2006, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses the importance of self confidence in the food service industry. Industry experts asserted that poor service can lessen consumer confidence. Employees must undergo confidence- and personality-building training programs. Prior to the start of a training program, each program...
- Your employees' customer service skills can never be too sharp. Thresher, Mary V. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p47
The author offers a perspective on the quality and importance of customer service among fast food chains and other service industries in Wenatchee, Washington. She recommends Wenatchee's Kentucky Fried Chicken for the best chain restaurant customer service. She finds it irritating when front...
- Who or what is the cause of aggravation? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Corridor Business Journal;5/21/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p18
The author explains the cause of aggravation of a customer, and illustrates how managers should handle it, wherein they must help the customer resolve the issue, and prevent the same thing from happening again.
- The First and Last Letters of the Word "Help!" Schneider, Mitch // Motor Age;Nov2005, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p144
Discusses issues regarding service delivery and quality in the U.S. as of November 2005. Problems brought by service providers to customers; Experiences the author had when his printer broke and ask for service assistance from its manufacturer; Quality of service that manufacturers give to...
- How May We Help You? // Inc.;Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p63
The article introduces stories that describe how companies in three very different industries are striving to provide great customer service.
- Customer-Centricity. Fader, Peter // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Dec2011, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p4
In the article, the author discusses the so-called customer-centric businesses and defines customer-centricity as targeting the right customers through the right means to achieve the right results.
- OTHER PEOPLE -- REMEMBER THEM? Yeung, Rob // Accountancy;Feb2011, Vol. 147 Issue 1410, p54
The article points out the importance of being customer-centric and of developing or using the skill of taking the ability to take the perspectives of other people.
- By phone or online, customer contact bungles hurt brands. Duncan, Tom // Advertising Age;5/24/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 22, p34
Discusses how the customer service of companies using interactive technology such as Web sites and 800-numbers is actually weakening brand relationships. Study showing that more than half of interactive contacts with 200 U.S. companies were only fair or poor; Problems with automated...