Touting the Healthy Message
- Sodexho helps found institute in attempts to fight obesity's hazards. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/26/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p26
Reports that Sodexho is allotting time and budget into the fight against obesity. Participation of the food management firm as a founding member of the Institute on the Costs and Health Effects of Obesity; Features of Sodexho's wellness program, Your Health, Your Way; Sodexho's focus on the...
- Lorna Donatone. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p53
The article profiles Lorna Donatone, president for school services at Sodexo Inc., a provider of integrated food and facilities management services based in Gaithersburg, Maryland. She earned her management degree at Tulane University and accounting degree at Texas Christian University. Her...
- Kathryn Leisses. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p112
The article profiles Kathryn Leisses, vice president of sales at Sodexo Inc. in Gaithersburg, Maryland. It states that Leisses achieved a degree in Psychology at the University of California, Berkeley. It highlights the first job of Leisses who worked as a waitress at the age of 16. It mentions...
- School-based Obesity Prevention: A Blueprint for Taming the Epidemic. Baranowski, Tom; Cullen, Karen W.; Nicklas, Theresa; Thompson, Deborah; Baranowski, Janice // American Journal of Health Behavior;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p486
Objective: To review the literature on school-based obesity prevention programs to identify what can be done to minimize the increasing levels of obesity. Methods: Twenty articles reporting school-based dietary or physical activity change programs were identified that used BMI or skinfolds as...
- Fat chance. // Business News New Jersey;11/29/99, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p30
Reports on the findings of a study conducted by T.A. Miller Co. concerning obesity called `Weight Loss: The Role of OTC and RX Pharmaceuticals in the Treatment of Obesity: 1999.' Physicians' attitudes towards different therapies; Use of different prescription drugs for treating overweight patients.
- Obesity: molecular bases of a multifactorial problem. Palou, A.; Serra, F.; Bonet, M. L.; Pico, C. // European Journal of Nutrition;2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p127
Focuses on obesity as the basis of a multifactorial problem. Aspects to be considered in the regulation of feeding behavior; Discussion on the control of energy efficiency by adaptive thermogenesis; Insight on adipogenesis.
- Are we grooming our kids to be unhealthy, overweight? Steinback, Jyl // Fort Worth Business Press;03/24/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 48, p25
Focuses on the etiology and prevention of obesity. Increased television viewing; Less parental supervision after schooling; Involvement of children in meal planning.
- No 'magic bullet' for obesity. Nash, Karen // Cosmetic Surgery Times;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the growing problem of obesity in the United States. Lack of immediate solution for the health problem; Chronic diseases associated with obesity.
- Battling obesity should be top priority among the overweight. GREENE, LOREN W. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/07/98-12/14/98, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p19
Reveals that more than one-half of all Americans are overweight and one out of four are obese, which is defined as 20 percent above ideal body weight. Health risk of obesity; Ways of battling obesity.