Better bedside manner
- 3 case histories show the way: Making the switch to cook-chill prep. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p152
Describes changes at the University of Virginia Medical Center's food service operation after the installation of cook-chill equipment. Challenges presented by retherming traditional dishes without losing all the moisture; Reduction of waste; Ease in the monitoring of portion control.
- NEARS TOP OF PRESS, GANEY SCALE: Texas hosp. raises focus on service. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p10
States that Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo, Texas, has increased patient satisfaction in its food service. Patient satisfaction scores of Shannon; Efforts of Shannon to increase patient satisfaction; Menu changes.
- AS PATIENT CONTACT RISES: Food costs plunge in Vermont. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p6
Reports on the impact of substantial changes in patient feeding at a hospital dining facility on food costs in Vermont. Factors that led to the change; Dishes served at the facility; Effect of the change on patient satisfaction.
- Hospitals dishing up healthier food items. Walker, Haley // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/14/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p15
The article focuses on several hospitals which offer healthier food items to their patients, including the Henry Ford Hospital in West Bloomfield, Michigan.
- Pharmacist- versus physician-obtained medication histories. Reeder, Todd A.; Mutnick, Alan // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;5/1/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p857
Purpose. Physician-obtained medication histories were compared to those obtained by a pharmacist. Methods. Patients whose medication histories were obtained were included in the evaluation if they were at least 18 years old and admitted to an internal medicine service at the University of...
- Expertise in Expansion. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;3/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p24
The article features Saint Francis Health System Director of Nutrition and Food Service Lisette Coston and cites his contributions to the food service department at the hospital. Coston has been working with Saint Francis for 24 years with the last 13 as director. She was credited for opening...
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Wash. hosp. holds line on
costs, staff. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the satisfaction of customers over the room service offered by the foodservice operators of the Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, Maryland. Comment from foodservice operations manager Diana Hitchcock; Availability of the room service; Average meal cost.
- New surveys spur health care feeders to keep raising standards. Boss, Donna L. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/30/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p52
The article offers some insights into improvements in internal patient satisfaction surveys for health care foodservice companies in the U.S. These companies have revamped their menus, improved food quality and introduced spoken menus, liberalized diets, room service, pods and other programs to...
- Changing Perceptions. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;6/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p28
The article discusses how a new department name and uniforms contributed to the increase in employee and customer satisfaction at St. Mary's Hospital Foodservice in Richmond, Virginia. It cites the significant changes implemented by Keith DeMars, director of nutrition services at St. Mary's...