Penn State goes to market
- Eastern Market spiffing up despite underground glitch. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/16/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p24
Reports the improvement project for the Eastern Market in Detroit, Michigan. Impact of underground obstructions on the paving work at the market; Condition of the paving and drainage; Need for master plan revisions of the project; Details on the phases of the market improvement project;...
- PennState hosts manager's series. // Hotel & Motel Management;11/7/94, Vol. 209 Issue 19, p76
Reports on the Food Service Manager 2000 Institute hosted by the Pennsylvania State University in University Park. Series of programs intended for all members of the food service industry in managerial positions; Contact information.
- Geared to age-groups: Penn State introduces new 5-star nutrition ratings. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p10
Reports on University Park-based Penn State University's introduction of a `five-star' rating system to help students identify five key nutrients in their food selections. Posting of the five-star system on the menus.
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: PENN STATE BRAND UPDATE RECORDS $9K DAILY BOOST. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p24
Presents updates on the renovation of University Park, Pennsylvania-based Penn State University's HUB student union which combine national, manufacturer and in-house brands. Background of the conversion of the operation; Aims of the renovation; Status of the facility employment; Remarks from HUB...
- Penn. St. Debuts new Foodcourt. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p18
Informs about the opening of the foodcourt at the Pennsylvania State University's main campus in University Park. Completion date for first phase of a two-part expansion of cash-operations; Food service areas including Casa Ortega by Nestle, Piccalilli's salad operation, and Chat's coffee bar.
- Penn State's Union Street roll-out: New union concepts set. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p6
Reports on Pennsylvania State University's Union Street's launching of a student union cafeteria in August 1998.
- Middletown looks to Penn State Harrisburg for economic growth. Veronikis, Erik // Central Penn Business Journal;5/14/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p3
The article reports on the plan of Greater Middletown Economic Development Corp. (GMEDC) and school officials of Pennsylvania State University (PSU) Harrisburg to encourage students to shop at the borough to boost economic growth. It says that it held a two-day event which focuses on turning...
- Blue Chip Bistro at PSU. // Food Management;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the launch of a cafÃ© and coffee bar by Blue Chip Bistro at Penn State University's new Business Building in University Park, Pennsylvania. The university teamed up with Sbarro to put up the bistro. A deli case stocked with European-style sandwiches and panini's gourmet...
- Renaissance Food Fairs: Penn. State residents halls try `period dining' foodfairs. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p21
Reports on the food fairs of Renaissance Food Faires at Penn State University in University Park, Pennsylvania. Food at the fairs; Food service employees at the fairs; Participation of students at the fairs.