Mostly Navajo School District Leveraging Federal Impact Aid
- Now hiring for the 2010 Census. Times, Navajo // Navajo Times;12/3/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 48, pA2
The article reports that the U.S. Census Bureau opened an office in Window Rock to hire Navajos who will help with the 2010 Census of the Navajo Reservation in Arizona. According to Andrew Begay, the bureau's tribal partnership specialist, the federal government will hire 2,000 to 3,000 Navajos...
- Santa Fe, N.M., Schools Near End of $73 Million Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32669, p4
The article reports that Santa Fe Public School District in Santa Fe, New Mexico will be using most of its remaining authorization from a February 2005 election with its competitive sale of $28.5 million of general obligation bonds (GO). The sale will leave the school district with $5 million of...
- Paiutes seek land, acknowledgement from DinÃ© neighbors. ALLEN, KRISTA // Navajo Times;10/31/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 44, pA-1
The article reports on the requests for land reservation in Arizona reservation of Navajo Nation made by the San Juan Southern Paiute Tribe, as of October 2013. It states that the Paiute tribe is a small tribe and has been considered as a part of the Navajo Nation, and mentions that the tribe is...
- Washington Schools Seeking $1.5B in Bond Authorizations. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;12/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32289, p1
The article reports on the bond authorizations sought by several school districts in Washington. Issaquah School District is requesting 241.9 million dollars to be issued for construction over a period of six years. Lake Washington School District is asking voters for renovations requiring 436...
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32528, p29
A list of approved bond issuance proposals by various states in the U.S. is presented. They include $2,850,000 worth of bonds to be used for financing high school projects in Iowa, $3,305,000 issuance for replacement of heating and ventilation and electrical equipment in New Jersey and...
- Dire Financial Future Seen for Los Angeles Schools. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;11/12/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34409, p1
An independent report commissioned by the Los Angeles Unified School District's superintendent predicted dire financial results if the school system doesn't take action.
- Mansfield Parked. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32202, p27
Reports that officials from the Mansfield Independent School District near Dallas, Texas, has decided to postpone a planned bond referendum that would have funded construction of three elementary schools and one intermediate, middle and high school. Increase in enrollment each year; Postponement...
- An isolated Indian tribe welcomes visitors to rugged Havasu Canyon. Cruickshank, Douglas // Travel & Leisure;May94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, pE21
Relates author's travel to the Havasupai Indian Reservation in Arizona. Description of landmarks.
- ARIZONA GETAWAY. MARSH, RAEANNE // Native Peoples Magazine;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p24
The article presents a travel guide for the Ak-Chin Indian Community in Maricopa, Arizona as of January/February 2014, with locations discussed including the Ak-Chin Him-Dak Eco-Museum; Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino Resort; and the UltraStar Multi-Tainment Center entertainment complex.