IRS Names New Acting Deputy Chief Counsel
- IRS Seeking New Muni Voice for Term on Advisory Panel. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p4
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service is looking for a representative from the municipal bond community to serve a three-year term on its Tax-Exempt and Government Entities advisory committee. Responsibilities of the representative.
- Muni Participants Look to Extend Terms on IRS Panel. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p4
Focuses on the request of extension of term by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) Tax Exempt and Government Entities Advisory Committee members Perry Israel and Terence Burke as of November 6, 2002. Announcement of the request for term extension in response to the announcement for...
- Return of the 'Audits From Hell'. Berlau, John // Insight on the News;7/29/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p15
Features U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Commissioner Charles Rossotti. Promise made by Rossotti when he was confirmed in 1997 as former President Bill Clinton's second commissioner of the IRS; Statement given by Rossotti on how he would reform the IRS with private-sector principles of...
- Structural Change. // Practical Accountant;Jul2000, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the position of the Division Counsel/Associate Chief Counsel which will head the Tax Exempt and Government Entities function at the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- Bill Would Stop IRS From Rehiring Employees It Already Fired for Misconduct. Katz, Eric; Clark, Charles S. // Government Executive;10/14/2015, p1
The article focuses on the Ensuring Integrity in the IRS Workforce Act introduced by Representative Kristi Noem and Peter Roskam to prohibit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from rehiring employees fired for misconduct.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS. Light, Paul C. // Government Executive;Apr2002, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p74
Reports developments related to the U.S. Internal Revenue Services (IRS). Improvement of services in the agency; Resignation of IRS Commissioner Charles Rossotti; Reorganization of the agency under the term of Rossotti.
- IRS: Authority Can Create a Nonprofit Utility-Manager Without Hurting Debt. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p5
Reports on the release of a private-letter on the authority given to government authority to create nonprofit company to manage its electric and utility system according to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Specification to allow the operation without jeopardizing tax-exempt status of its...
- Internal Revenue Service Makes Several Appointments. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p4
Reports on the appointment of Sarah Hall Ingram as deputy commissioner of the tax-exempt and government entities division of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Replacement of Rich Morgante by Ingram in the position; Career background; Contribution of Ingram in the division.
- Tax-Exempt Expert Sunita Lough To Take on Temporary Assignment. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31972, p4
Reports on the appointment of Sunita Lough as temporary acting director of the Internal Revenue Service in Washington. Provision of outreach and services to federal agencies, quasi-governmental entities, state agencies and local governments; Career background of Lough that would contribute the...