NABL to Honor House Ways and Means Committee Counsel
- The Security Market Reaction to Tax Legislation as Reflected in Bond Price Adjustments. Bathke Jr., Allen W.; Rogers, Richard L.; Stern, Jerrold J. // Journal of the American Taxation Association;Spring85, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p37
This study analyzes the impact of four tax acts on flower bond prices using a capital markets methodology. While the four tax law changes were not intended specifically to affect the desirability of flower bonds, the estate planning value of the bonds was affected. Moreover, financial...
- NABL Wants New Tax Rules. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;10/9/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32979, p1
The article reports that members of the National Association of Bond Lawyers have sent a letter to the U.S. Treasury Department seeking guidance from the agency to help bond issuers cope with the tumultuous market of the U.S. They cite several existing tax-exempt bond issuance rules which they...
- The Other Tax Cut. Franasiak, David E. // Traders Magazine;Mar2002, Vol. 15 Issue 194, p18
Describes the passage of the Investor and Capital Markets Fee Relief Act into law in the U.S. Benefits provided by the law; Issue of a section 31(a) tax cut; History of the passage of the law in the U.S. Congress.
- IRS Broadens Scope of New Penalty Plan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;04/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31116, p1
Reports the expansion of the Internal Revenue formal penalty system scope for minor tax law violations by tax-exempt bond issuers in the United States. Purpose of intermediate sanctions; Penalties for the creation of sinking funds by issuers; Sanctions for violations of the Tax Equity and...
- Archer's proposed tax cut will probably not affect munis. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/15/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30478, p4
Reports on United States House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Archer's unveiling of a plan to cut taxes for families, farmers, and the self-employed that observers say will have little or no impact on the municipal bond market. Details of Archer's proposal; Increase in the standard...
- CONCLUSION. Levmore, Saul // Journal of Corporation Law;Spring87, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p501
Details the interactions between corporate and capital markets. Role of tax law; Minimization of the intrusions of tax law.
- TAXES AND THE MOBILITY OF CAPITAL IN EUROPE. Insley, Gordon // Business Lawyer;Apr69, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p743
Examines the effect of tax laws on movement of capital in Europe. Impact of supra-national capital market existence on direct investment of capital; Complexity on analyzing tax cost of a given investment; Possibility on comparing the supply of funds term with the supra-national capital market.
- Alternative Tax Penalties. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31961, p1
Reports on the revised proposal by the U.S. National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) aimed at providing alternative penalties to the taxation of bondholders when a tax-exempt bond issue violates the tax law. Need for the Congress to enact legislation to carry out a major provision contained...
- New tax law to stimulate foreign investment. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/16/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the approval of an income tax law in Saudi Arabia which lowers the tax rate on foreign investors. Significance of the tax law; Sectors that will not be affected by the law; Delay in the enactment of capital market law in the country.