Highly Rated Sarasota County, Fla., Schools to Sell $50 Million in COPs Today
- Minneapolis school district hits market with $36.4 million COPs issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;01/13/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30309, p36
Focuses on the Minneapolis School District No. 1's offering of certificates of participation (COP) issuances to fund schools and additions and address maintenance needs in the district. Total worth of bonds to be offered by the district; Total worth of outstanding COP handled by the district;...
- IRS: L.A. Schools' COP Deal May Be Taxable. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31239, p4
Reports that multi-million dollar in certificates of participation (COP) sold by the Los Angeles Unified School District for Belmont Learning Complex may be taxable. Role of the Internal Revenue Service in passing COP; Usage of proceeds from taxes of learning complex in building schools.
- High-Tech School COPs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;09/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30973, p1
Reports that the Los Angeles Unified School District in California, plans to sell $172 million of certificates of participation on September 12, 2000. Uses for the proceeds from the sale; Senior manager for the negotiated deal; Formation of a financing corporation by the district.
- Florida School District Prices $239.2 Million COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;05/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31142, p3
Reports that the Broward County, Florida, School District priced $239.2 million in certificates of participation (COP) in the first of two large issuances in a week from the same South Florida county. Lead manager of the negotiated deal; Plan to use proceeds from the COP to build three high...
- FGIC to back its first Florida school COP deal. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;02/02/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30820, p3
Reports on the sale of certificates of participation by Florida's Palm Beach School District in Palm Beach County in February 2000. Companies involved in the certificates issue; Ratings given by Fitch IBCA Inc. and Standard & Poor's for the issues; Value of state aid for building; Outlook for...
- Iowa district will replace 86-year-old elementary school. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/17/2013, p2
The article focuses on the decision of the Muscatine School Board in Iowa to construct a two-story building at the cost of 9.9 million U.S. dollars for replacing the 86-year old Jefferson Elementary School Building.
- Orange County, Fla., Schools Set Up $188 Million of COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p3
Reports the sale Orange County School Board of fixed-rate and variable rate of certificates of participation (COP) in Florida. Use of the COP proceeds to renovate and replace schools; Reduction of the millage rate on property values; Funding mechanism for the capital program.
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Schools End Heavy Year With $193M COP Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/10/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31529, p4
Reports that the Palm Beach County, Florida, School Board will end its debt issuance with the sale of multi-million dollars of 20-year certificates of participation (COP). Name of the corporation managing the deal; Total outstanding amount of COPs as a result of the offering; Names of companies...
- Florida Schools Breaking New Ground With ERP-Free COPs. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32669, p8
The article reports on the sales of $76 million worth of certificates of participation (COP) without extraordinary redemption provisions (ERP) by the Pasco County School Board in Florida on June 14, 2007. Jerry Ford, president of Ford & Associates Inc. and school district's financial adviser,...