Municipals Firm on Treasury Gains; Trading Desks Are Lightly Staffed
- Munis Unchanged in Modest Trading; Greenspan Remarks Affect Treasuries. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p2
Reports on the trading performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. as of June 8, 2004. Level of trading activities in the municipal bond market; Impact of the cautionary comments from the Federal Reserve Board on the trading of municipal bonds; Details on bond prices.
- Munis Largely Unchanged; Philly Prices GOs. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/16/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33024, p2
The article provides updates on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. It notes that Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has accelerated pricing on its $165 million general obligation bond sale. On the other hand, the Treasury market has showed some gains which opened at 2.5% and finished at...
- Municipals Finish Little Changed; California Offers $500M of GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31966, p2
This article reports that Municipal bond prices finished little changed, having given up earlier gains after Treasuries turned south following the 10-year note auction, while California sold $500 million of general obligation bonds in the new-issue market. Crossover buyers stepped into the...
- A Record Year for CPI Munis. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/19/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32469, p1
The article reports on the increasing popularity of consumer price index (CPI) municipal bonds in the U.S. The trend was due to the decision of bankers to use them to attract investors. According to Goldman, Sachs & Co., they have insured the first CPI municipal bond sale in 1997 for Orlando,...
- Muni Indexes Were Narrowly Mixed. Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;8/11/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34158, p1
The article offers information on the periodical's Municipal Bond Index, which is based on 40 long-term bond prices, was up one basis point from last week at 4.52 percent for the week ending August 7, 2014. It also discusses drop in the U.S. Treasury's 10-year note and 30-year bond, drop in the...
- Market Post: Primary Looks to Dominate; Munis Unchanged. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;12/1/2014, p1
The municipal bond market's attention turns back to business as about $12.4 billion of new supply is scheduled for sale this week.
- Munis Finish Flat to Slightly Lower; Inactivity Discourages Price Cuts. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32039, p2
The article reports that municipal bond prices fell slightly lower level as market participants received uncertain direction from a Treasury market that fell through recent lows before climbing back to the unchanged mark. A trader in New York said the municipal market had a negative tone, but...
- Statistics. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 42, p13
Several charts are presented that list qualitative data on government securities which include the bond buyer municipal bond index, municipal bond prices, and U.S. securities and market indicators.
- NABL Wants To Modify 'Issue Price'. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;8/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32454, p1
The article reports on the recommendation of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) to the Treasury Department in Washington. The association recommended the Department to change its definition of the issue price in taking into account the means that municipal bonds are structured and...