N.J. Deal Back From Spring Break
- Ohio Preps $401M Deal. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p1
Reports that the Ohio treasurer's office is planning to bring approximately 401 million dollars of bonds to market starting August 26, 2004, with several refundings that seek to take advantage of low interest rates and balance out higher interest rates the state locked in with State and Local...
- Munis Weaken Despite Treasury Strength. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/14/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33432, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the bond market in the U.S. The municipal bond market shows slow performance despite the strong performance of the Treasury market. The New York City government plans to offer 1.04 billion dollars of GO debt in 2011. On the other hand, the government in...
- New York's Monroe County to Sell $63M of Insured GO Refunding Debt. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p6
Reports on the plan to sell general obligation refunding bonds by Monroe County, New York. Ratings of the bonds from rating agencies; Use of the bond proceeds to refund a series of outstanding debt; Significance of the refunding to smooth a debt service spike that the county is facing.
- Essex County, N.J., Authority To Sell $285M After Upgrades. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32583, p3
The article reports on the plans of Essex County Improvement Authority (ECIA) to sell $285 million worth of Series 2007 refunding debt which is backed by a general obligation of Essex County, New Jersey. It is accounted that the sale of the refunding debt would be made after a credit upgrade...
- Pittsburgh leaders consider refunding. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;07/23/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30441, p3
Reports on the decision by Pittsburgh, Philadelphia officials to take advantage of record low interest rates by proposing to sell bonds to refund debt sold between 1991 and 1996. Estimated budget deficit of the city in fiscal 1999.
- Long Beach, Calif., to use new tools to salvage default. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;07/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30187, p1
Focuses on the plans of Long Beach, California to come to market in July 1997 with a $5.8 million refunding deal that uses new tools to rescue a series of earthquake repair bonds that went into default in 1996. City's conversion of assessment liens representing delinquent payments and penalties...
- Dallas County district plans refunding in wake of Fidelity Investments move. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30438, p3
Focuses on Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District's plan to refund outstanding bonds to prevent a massive tax increase in Texas. District officials' meeting with potential underwriters to discuss refunding strategies; Need for the restructuring to be worked out with both MBIA Insurance...
- N.J. County Authority Seeks to Refinance Solid-Waste Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p36
Reports on the plan of Passaic County Utilities Authority to refinance its solid-waste bonds in Passaic, New Jersey. 2001 debt service payments of the authority; Extension of the bonds; Structure of the bonds issued.
- The Week Ahead: Price Figures to Trump Volume in Determining Investor Demand. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p6
Presents several prospects in the securities market for the second quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Importance of price in determining demand; Anticipation for the allocation revenue refunding from the Industry Urban Development Agency; Availability of higher yielding bonds.